Bob Stewart campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Bob Stewart’s voting in Parliament
Bob Stewart is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Bob Stewart sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Bob Stewart consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bob Stewart’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bob Stewart’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bob Stewart has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I do not think we need the Minister to answer that. The answer is that we had no money; that is why we had to cut down the number of Type 26 ships. [Interruption.] We did not have the money, and we have to cut our coat to suit our cloth.
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
Is it the Scottish National party’s policy to increase defence spending to something that in my view would be reasonable: 3% of gross national income? That way, we could provide more Type 26s, Type 23s and Type 45s.
More of Bob Stewart’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Beckenham
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Iran: Tanks
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 89 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Bob Stewart’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bob Stewart’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 271 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
From 1 February 2016
to 31 January 2017
, consultant providing leadership and mentoring services to LBC
Wise Counsel, Cheltenham Film and Photographic Studios, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6PN. LBC Wise Counsel provides leadership and management training for lawyers. I will receive £500 a month for an expected monthly commitment of 5 hours. (Registered 03 February 2016)
Name of donor: Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs P.O. Box 547, Government Road, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and transport; £4,753
Destination of visit: Bahrain
Date of visit: 21-25 January 2016
Purpose of visit: Conservative Middle East Council
delegation to Bahrain
(Registered 02 February 2016)
Name of donor: Government of Taiwan
Address of donor: Taiwan Representative Office, 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and transport with a value of £1,750
Destination of visit: Taipei
Dates of visit: 25 September – 2 October 2016
Purpose of visit: Briefings on Taiwan by Taiwanese Government.
(Registered 14 October 2016)
Name of donor: Government of Kazakhstan
Address of donor: Kazakhstan Embassy, 125 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5EA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flight £2,000, accommodation £1,500 and transport/hospitality £350, total value £3,850
Destination of visit: Astana
Dates of visit: 4–8 October 2016
Purpose of visit: As part of the APPG on Kazakhstan, meetings with Senate, Parliament, Prime Minister, Education Minister, Human Rights Commissioner and Sovereign Wealth Fund managers to discuss bilateral relationships.
(Registered 14 October 2016)
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London WC2E 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): for myself and my wife, travel and accommodation with a total value of £1,116
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Gibraltar APPG delegation.
(Registered 17 October 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Claire Podbielski-Stewart, as part-time Senior Parliamentary Assistant. (Registered 15 May 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from