Peter Aldous campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Peter Aldous’s voting in Parliament
Peter Aldous is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Aldous sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Aldous generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Aldous’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Aldous’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Aldous has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what assessment he has made of the implications for his Department's policies of the recommendations of the New Economics Foundation's Blue New Deal Action Plan, published in November 2016; and if he will make a statement.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what assessment he has made of the potential effect of the measures announced in the Autumn Statement 2016 on coastal communities; and if he will make a statement.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate his Department has made of the proportion of the National Productivity Investment Fund that is expected to be invested in coastal communities.
More of Peter Aldous’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Waveney
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Special Educational Needs
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Aldous’s speeches
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Aldous’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 164 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from