Peter Aldous campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Peter Aldous’s voting in Parliament
Peter Aldous is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Aldous sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Aldous consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Peter Aldous generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Aldous’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Aldous’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Aldous has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Brexit provides the UK with an opportunity to be the global leader in such energy technologies as offshore wind, energy storage, and carbon capture and storage. Can the Secretary of State confirm that the Government will reset energy policy so that the country can take full advantage of this great opportunity?
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, when the Government plans to announce the outcome of its review into future funding for supported housing; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what recent discussions he has had with supported housing providers on future funding for that sector; and when the Government plans to announce the outcome of its review on the funding of that sector.
More of Peter Aldous’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Waveney
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Special Educational Needs
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Aldous’s speeches
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Aldous’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 157 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from