A selection of Peter Aldous's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 3 votes against, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Aldous’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Aldous’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, who is accountable for monitoring and evaluating the long-term outcomes of the implementation of NICE and NHS England changes to the arrangements for evaluating and funding drugs which will come into effect on 1 April 2017.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to the Answer of 22 February 2017 to Question 65172, if he will publish a list of NICE-approved treatments that NHS England forecast would have a high budget impact in any of the first three years of their use, including the actual budget impact of those treatments in each year.
More of Peter Aldous’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Waveney
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Peter Aldous campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Special Educational Needs
- Energy: Prices
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Aldous’s speeches
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 173 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from