Peter Aldous’s voting in Parliament
Peter Aldous is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Aldous sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Aldous consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Peter Aldous generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Aldous’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Aldous’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Aldous has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to his oral contribution of 28 February 2017, Official Report, column 157, whether the £10 billion includes catering services; and what the corresponding figure would be for reduced VAT receipts directly attributable to accommodation and visitor attractions if VAT were reduced to five per cent on those items.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate his Department has made of the net fiscal effect of reducing VAT on accommodation and visitor attractions to five per cent taking into account of a potential increase in competitiveness and economic activity.
More of Peter Aldous’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Waveney
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Peter Aldous campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Special Educational Needs
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Aldous’s speeches
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Aldous’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 173 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from