Peter Aldous campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Peter Aldous’s voting in Parliament
Peter Aldous is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Aldous sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Aldous consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Peter Aldous generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Aldous’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Aldous’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Aldous has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I, too, have visited an Emmaus community. Does the hon. Lady agree that Emmaus does great work? For every £1 pound the state puts in, Emmaus produces a social return of £11. Does she agree that it is vital that the new system we come up with acts as a catalyst for that type of inward investment?
I am grateful to you, Madam Deputy Speaker, for calling me to speak in this important debate, which follows on from the Adjournment debate I led last Tuesday. This debate provides an opportunity to re-emphasise, this time to the new team at the Department for Work and Pensions, the vital importance of putting the funding of supported housing on a sustainable long-term footing as soon as...
What steps his Department is taking to regenerate the Great British coast.
More of Peter Aldous’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Waveney
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Special Educational Needs
- Energy: Prices
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Aldous’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Aldous’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 157 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Mrs May Reader
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: use of office accommodation valued at £2,400 per annum
Date received: 7 April 2015
Date accepted: 7 April 2015
Donor status: individual
(Registered 08 June 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over Â£100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from