A selection of Richard Drax's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2013–2016
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
14 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2012–2014
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
53 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2012–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Drax’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Drax’s full vote analysis page for more.
If she will list her official engagements for Wednesday 26 April.
In 2015, a group called the Socialist Campaign for a Labour Victory incredulously drew up a plan to disband MI5, disarm the police and scrap our nuclear deterrent. Would my right hon. Friend allow anyone who endorsed such a plan to write her manifesto or, indeed, serve in her Cabinet?
I am listening very intently to my hon. Friend. Is he saying that the law is already sufficient to deal with this problem? If that is the case, why are more and more monkeys being kept in these conditions, and why is Dr Cronin having to rescue more and more of them as the years go by?
More of Richard Drax’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for South Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Richard Drax campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Aircraft Carriers
- General Practitioners
- Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control
- Arrest Warrants
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Richard Drax’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 182 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Director of Morden Estates Company Limited, The Estate Office, Charborough Park, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 7EN; property company that manages a number of family-owned properties. Since 1 October 2014
, accommodation at a property in Dorset has been provided to me with an annual value of £47,500 per annum. I received no other remuneration from this company. Hours: approx. 10 hrs per week. (Updated 5 June 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Woodlands, farmland, residential and commercial property, including land used for renewable energy projects in Dorset. Some income received directly, some received via family trusts either to me or to family members: (i) and (ii). (Updated 5 June 2015)
A residential property in London: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Morden Estates Company Ltd; property management company (see category 1 above).
Abbotts Court Farm Company (Holdings) Limited; holding company for family businesses.
Co Holdings Ltd; holding company for family businesses. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from