Richard Drax campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Richard Drax’s voting in Parliament
Richard Drax is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Drax sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Drax consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Drax’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Drax’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Drax has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I share the concern of my hon. Friend the Member for Newbury (Richard Benyon) and point out that the airdrops that are being pushed by many in this House come with huge risks. Does the Minister, who is in a difficult situation, agree that if they are to be done unilaterally we would inevitably need aircraft to deliver, fighter cover above, and helicopters and special forces to pick crews up...
I warmly welcome the announcement by my right hon. Friend of increased infrastructure spending, but I would be failing in my duty if I did not plug the rail connection—not least at Yeovil junction—that will take faster trains to my constituency, where roads are at a premium and we cannot, because we have beautiful countryside, have more tarmac. Can I just tell him that we shall...
How many of us would charge into a darkened store at night knowing that inside were three mask-wearing, crowbar-wielding thugs trying to rob it? My two constituents, Nigel Dunmore and Grant McGarry, did just that; as a result of their intervention, the thugs fled, leaving the money, and the staff were hurt less, although one of the gentlemen was himself hurt. Will my right hon. Friend join me...
More of Richard Drax’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Aircraft Carriers
- General Practitioners
- Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control
- Arrest Warrants
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 15 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Richard Drax’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.43% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Drax’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 166 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Nov 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Director of Morden Estates Company Limited, The Estate Office, Charborough Park, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 7EN; property company that manages a number of family-owned properties. Since 1 October 2014
, accommodation at a property in Dorset has been provided to me with an annual value of £47,500 per annum. I received no other remuneration from this company. Hours: approx. 10 hrs per week. (Updated 5 June 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Woodlands, farmland, residential and commercial property, including land used for renewable energy projects in Dorset. Some income received directly, some received via family trusts either to me or to family members: (i) and (ii). (Updated 5 June 2015)
A residential property in London: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Morden Estates Company Ltd; property management company (see category 1 above).
Abbotts Court Farm Company (Holdings) Limited; holding company for family businesses.
Co Holdings Ltd; holding company for family businesses. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from