Richard Drax’s voting in Parliament
Richard Drax is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Drax sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Drax consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Drax’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Drax’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Drax has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
This is the second day on which I have sat listening to many good speeches on this topic, but I cannot help but feel that during some of them, irony sits heavily in the air; we have heard about “scrutiny”, “democracy”, “democracy of the people” and “functioning democracy”, but where has democracy been for the past 44 years? Where has it gone...
I agree with my hon. Friend, and I will come to that very point.
I will not give way again, because many other Members wish to speak. However, I shall address that point later, because I served on the European Scrutiny Committee in the last Parliament. From listening to the speeches, one would think that this country, Great Britain, was incapable of passing laws. What on earth is wrong with this great place, which we are selected to represent—our...
More of Richard Drax’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Richard Drax campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Aircraft Carriers
- General Practitioners
- Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control
- Arrest Warrants
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Richard Drax’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Drax’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 187 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Director of Morden Estates Company Limited, The Estate Office, Charborough Park, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 7EN; property company that manages a number of family-owned properties. Since 1 October 2014
, accommodation at a property in Dorset has been provided to me with an annual value of £47,500 per annum. I received no other remuneration from this company. Hours: approx. 10 hrs per week. (Updated 5 June 2015
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mr Peter Old
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Woodlands, farmland, residential and commercial property, including land used for renewable energy projects in Dorset. Some income received directly, some received via family trusts either to me or to family members: (i) and (ii). (Updated 5 June 2015)
A residential property in London: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Morden Estates Company Ltd; property management company (see category 1 above).
Abbotts Court Farm Company (Holdings) Limited; holding company for family businesses.
Co Holdings Ltd; holding company for family businesses. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from