Richard Drax campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Richard Drax’s voting in Parliament
Richard Drax is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Drax sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Drax consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Drax’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Drax’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Drax has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I welcome my right hon. Friend and other colleagues to the Front Bench. We have heard today about democracy, due process and the rule of law, but we are talking about a repressive regime that has arrested thousands. Does he share my concern about the conditions that these men and women and being kept in? When he goes to Turkey, will he ensure that their human rights are respected?
I welcome my right hon. Friend to her place and condemn this barbarous attack, as everyone else has done. I welcome the extra money that my right hon. Friend has mentioned. Is she happy that the training facilities for the armed police will be sufficient to meet the extreme use to which they may be put, such as storming buildings to rescue hostages? That will require a high level of skill,...
It is a pleasure to take part in this debate. I want to look at two elements: first, the legal recriminations against our soldiers, as touched on by my hon. and gallant Friend the Member for Tonbridge and Malling (Tom Tugendhat); and secondly, the point raised by several Members about our preparedness for war. I would like briefly to comment on that, as a former soldier. First, I pay...
More of Richard Drax’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Aircraft Carriers
- General Practitioners
- Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control
- Arrest Warrants
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 15 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Richard Drax’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.18% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Drax’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 151 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Director of Morden Estates Company Limited, The Estate Office, Charborough Park, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 7EN; property company that manages a number of family-owned properties. Since 1 October 2014
, accommodation at a property in Dorset has been provided to me with an annual value of £47,500 per annum. I received no other remuneration from this company. Hours: approx. 10 hrs per week. (Updated 5 June 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Woodlands, farmland, residential and commercial property, including land used for renewable energy projects in Dorset. Some income received directly, some received via family trusts either to me or to family members: (i) and (ii). (Updated 5 June 2015)
A residential property in London: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Morden Estates Company Ltd; property management company (see category 1 above).
Abbotts Court Farm Company (Holdings) Limited; holding company for family businesses.
Co Holdings Ltd; holding company for family businesses. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from