Richard Drax campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Richard Drax’s voting in Parliament
Richard Drax is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Richard Drax sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Drax consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Drax’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Drax’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Drax has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I congratulate my right hon. Friend on his statement. There is no doubt that this will be in the best interests of the nation and of all our constituents in the south-west, where my seat is. Will he kindly confirm how many direct rail links there will be from the south-west to Heathrow, as that will be absolutely key for my constituents and everyone else in the region?
The majority of voters in South Dorset are also congratulating the Prime Minister on her stance. Does she agree that voters of EU countries will scrutinise their politicians very carefully as we negotiate our exit and vote accordingly at the next opportunity they have if they perceive their leaders doing anything to endanger jobs and prosperity to maintain a flawed political project?
My hon. Friend is very generous in giving way, especially after I had so much time. I have just one question. Yes, my natural instinct is against targets; I do not like them, but I understand why we have to have them. When ambulance trusts or hospitals are fined for not meeting targets, would it not be more logical to look into the reason why and ask the executives, whoever they may be, to...
More of Richard Drax’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Aircraft Carriers
- General Practitioners
- Bovine Tuberculosis: Disease Control
- Arrest Warrants
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 15 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Richard Drax’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Drax’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 156 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Director of Morden Estates Company Limited, The Estate Office, Charborough Park, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 7EN; property company that manages a number of family-owned properties. Since 1 October 2014
, accommodation at a property in Dorset has been provided to me with an annual value of £47,500 per annum. I received no other remuneration from this company. Hours: approx. 10 hrs per week. (Updated 5 June 2015
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Woodlands, farmland, residential and commercial property, including land used for renewable energy projects in Dorset. Some income received directly, some received via family trusts either to me or to family members: (i) and (ii). (Updated 5 June 2015)
A residential property in London: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Morden Estates Company Ltd; property management company (see category 1 above).
Abbotts Court Farm Company (Holdings) Limited; holding company for family businesses.
Co Holdings Ltd; holding company for family businesses. (Registered 05 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from