Alok Sharma’s voting in Parliament
Alok Sharma is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Alok Sharma sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Alok Sharma consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Alok Sharma generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Alok Sharma generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alok Sharma’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alok Sharma’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alok Sharma has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
We have a strong and growing bilateral relationship with the Philippines, which covers a range of issues including peace and security, counter terrorism, counter extremism, and human rights. We remain actively involved in efforts to promote stability, particularly in the southern Philippines. During my visit to Manila last December, I met senior members of the Philippine Administration and...
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) ensure that any contractual employees granted with a security pass hold the correct level of vetting. Security passes are issued to contractors from private companies on a case by case basis. As a matter of policy, the FCO does not publish the number of active security passes issued by the Department and we cannot provide a statistical breakdown of...
Ministers regularly raise the treatment of human rights activists directly with the Chinese authorities. I discussed human rights, including our concerns about human rights lawyers and activists, with the Chinese Assistant Minister for Europe, Liu Haixing on 16 February during my visit to China. The Foreign Secretary, my Rt Hon. Friend the Member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip (Boris...
More of Alok Sharma’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Reading West
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Alok Sharma campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Communication
- Industrial Health and Safety
- Departmental Public Consultation
- BRIC Countries
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Sep 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Feb 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Alok Sharma’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alok Sharma’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 77 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Festival Republic Ltd
Address of donor: 2nd Floor, Regent Arcade House, 19-25 Argyll Street, London W1F 7TS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets to the Reading Festival
, which is held in my constituency
, total value £510
Date received: 26–28 August 2016
Date accepted: 26 August 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02948536
(Registered 19 September 2016
From 18 April 2016
to 3 August 2016, unpaid director of UK Indians for remaining in Europe Limited, a company established in order to campaign in the EU Referendum
campaign. (Registered 24 May 2016
; updated 19 September 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from