Steve Brine’s voting in Parliament
Steve Brine is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Steve Brine sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Steve Brine voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steve Brine’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steve Brine’s full vote analysis page for more.
Steve Brine has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Public Health England publishes the annual counts and rates of Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) infections by acute trust and clinical commissioning group in patients aged two years and over at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/clostridium-diffici le-infection-annual-data A copy of the table showing the financial year counts and rates of C. difficile...
The information requested is in the following table. Number of community pharmacies in England for 2007/08 to 2016/17 Number of community pharmacies 2007/08 10,312 2008/09 10,506 2009/10 10,691 2010/11 10,951 2011/12 11,236 2012/13 11,495 2013/14 11,647 2014/15 11,674 2015/16 11,688 2016/17 11,699 Source: NHS Digital
No specific assessment has been made. However, using illegal or street drugs during pregnancy, including cannabis, ecstasy, cocaine and heroin, can have a potentially serious effect on an unborn baby and the advice is to avoid these substances. Advice about alcohol and drugs is available to pregnant women as part of their routine antenatal care. Pregnant women who misuse alcohol or drugs...
More of Steve Brine’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Winchester
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Steve Brine campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Cancer: Drugs
- Immigration: Crime
- Sewage: Waste Disposal
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care (since 8 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (14 Jun 2017 to 8 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (5 Dec 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Steve Brine’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.44% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Brine’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 229 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Jun 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: PRS for Music
Address of donor: 2 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to Glastonbury and accommodation with a total value of £1,108.32 (£950 for tickets and £158.32 for accommodation)
Date received: 23 June 2017
Date accepted: 23 June 2017
Donor status: company, registration 03444246
(Registered 11 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from