Steve Brine’s voting in Parliament
Steve Brine is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Steve Brine sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Steve Brine consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steve Brine’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steve Brine’s full vote analysis page for more.
Steve Brine has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017
NHS England published its delivery plan ‘Next Steps on the NHS Five Year Forward View’ in March 2017. This plan identified likely Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) that had the potential to evolve into Accountable Care Systems (ACSs), whilst also highlighting the specific deliverables that ACSs are expected to contain. For example, some footprints that are...
Individual organisations that constitute each of the 44 Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) are accountable to local communities for activities of each STP. Each is working to its own, locally appropriate timetable but many have already carried out extensive engagement with the public. When there are proposals to substantially change services, National Health Service and...
In June 2017 Public Health England updated the Diagnosis of Urinary Tract Infections: Quick Reference Guide for Primary Care, which gives primary care givers, including doctors, nurses and pharmacists, simple, effective, economical and empirical approach towards the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections.
More of Steve Brine’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Winchester
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Steve Brine campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Cancer: Drugs
- Immigration: Crime
- Sewage: Waste Disposal
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (since 14 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill Committee (4 Mar 2013 to 16 Dec 2013)
- Member, Justice Committee (5 Dec 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Steve Brine’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 126 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Brine’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 122 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Sky UK Ltd
Address of donor: Grant Way, Isleworth TW7 5QD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to the British Masters
at the Grove Golf Club, with a value of £800
Date received: 16 October 2016
Date accepted: 16 October 2016
Donor status: company, registration 2906991
(Registered 10 November 2016
Name of donor: PRS for Music
Address of donor: 2 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets to Glastonbury and accommodation with a total value of £1,108.32 (£950 for tickets and £158.32 for accommodation)
Date received: 23 June 2017
Date accepted: 23 June 2017
Donor status: company, registration 03444246
(Registered 11 July 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from