Simon Kirby campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Simon Kirby’s voting in Parliament
Simon Kirby is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Simon Kirby sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Simon Kirby consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Simon Kirby’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Simon Kirby’s full vote analysis page for more.
Simon Kirby has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Owen. I congratulate the hon. Member for East Lothian (George Kerevan) on securing this debate. I will give way if the hon. Member for South Antrim (Danny Kinahan) if he wishes to contribute.
It is the long-standing policy of this Government to unwind the interventions made in the financial sector during the banking crisis of 2007-09 and return the assets acquired then to the private sector. That is a key part of restoring normality to the financial system, but in that we need to ensure value for money in getting back taxpayers’ money. We are making good progress in that. UK...
The hon. Gentleman raises a fair point. I will answer it shortly, if he bears with me. Not only were customers’ mortgage terms and conditions unchanged by the sale, but they continued to be served by the same mortgage company with the same skilled and dedicated staff. In the contract with Cerberus, UKAR went further to ensure that specific additional protections were in place, including...
More of Simon Kirby’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Brighton, Kemptown
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Private Finance Initiative
- Members: Correspondence
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 10 Oct 2016)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Nov 2011 to 3 Dec 2012)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Simon Kirby’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 157 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Kirby’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 79 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Feb 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Brighton: (i) and (ii).
House in Brighton: (i). (Registered 29 May 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Samba Communications Limited; telecom services
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my sister, Rebecca Jane Kirby, as Office Manager
. (Registered 29 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from