A selection of Oliver Colvile's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 22 votes against, 6 absences, between 2010–2017
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
6 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Oliver Colvile’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Oliver Colvile’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what use is made of Clerks of Works in evaluating building projects.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, whether he plans to strengthen provisions in building regulations on ensuring that materials and methods used in housing construction are more resilient to the risk of flooding and damage caused by water leaks.
To ask the right hon. Member for Meriden, representing the Church Commissioners, what support the Church of England provides for people affected by domestic violence and abuse.
More of Oliver Colvile’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Oliver Colvile campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Energy and Climate Change
- Innovation and Skills
- Devonport Dockyard
- Water Power
- Green Deal Scheme
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (30 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Dec 2013 to 14 May 2014)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Oliver Colvile’s speeches
- Has received answers to 79 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 226 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from