Kate Green’s voting in Parliament
Kate Green is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Kate Green’s votes.
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 7 votes against, between 2010–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
33 votes for, 7 votes against, 23 absences, between 2010–2018
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2013
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Green’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Green’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kate Green has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
Does the Minister agree that one thing that inhibits girls’ access to education is early motherhood? What steps are the Government taking to ensure excellent family planning and contraceptive services in developing countries?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment she has made of the effect of salary thresholds for work visas for non-EU nationals on NHS recruitment.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to the Queen's Speech 2017, whether her Department plans to publish the Immigration Bill only when the negotiations with the EU are complete.
More of Kate Green’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Stretford and Urmston
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Kate Green campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Justice
- Personal Independence Payment
- Children: Maintenance
- Access to Work Programme
- Housing Benefit
- Mesothelioma: Compensation
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 26 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 26 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (18 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (Women and Equalities) (14 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 25 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 109 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Kate Green’s speeches
- Has received answers to 214 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Green’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 475 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Apr 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Good Faith Partnership LLP
Address of donor: 77 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2EZ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of a Policy Adviser for two days per week from 5 February 2018
to 31 December 2018
; approx. value £16,880
Date received: 5 February 2018 - 31 December 2018
Date accepted: 5 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration OC412989
(Registered 01 March 2018
Until 7 February 2018, trustee of the Webb Memorial Trust (now closed), which worked for social and economic justice. (Registered 17 April 2014
; updated 9 February 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from