Kate Green’s voting in Parliament
Kate Green is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Kate Green’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 45 votes against, 7 absences, between 2014–2016
Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
43 votes for, 7 votes against, 23 absences, between 2010–2018
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 4 absences, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Green’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Green’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kate Green has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
Homelessness among refugees – Kate Green.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what the timetable is for the next School Teachers’ Review Body report to be published.
To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, what information his Department holds on the number of (a) Gypsy, (b) Roma and (c) Irish Traveller (i) police officers and (ii) civilian staff employed by Police Scotland.
More of Kate Green’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Stretford and Urmston
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Kate Green campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Ministry of Justice
- Personal Independence Payment
- Children: Maintenance
- Access to Work Programme
- Housing Benefit
- Mesothelioma: Compensation
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 26 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 26 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (18 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (Women and Equalities) (14 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities) (7 Oct 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 25 Oct 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 142 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Kate Green’s speeches
- Has received answers to 259 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Green’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 498 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Good Faith Partnership LLP
Address of donor: 77 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2EZ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: the services of a Policy Adviser for two days per week from 5 February 2018
to 31 December 2018
; approx. value £16,880
Date received: 5 February 2018 - 31 December 2018
Date accepted: 5 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration OC412989
(Registered 01 March 2018
Until 7 February 2018, trustee of the Webb Memorial Trust (now closed), which worked for social and economic justice. (Registered 17 April 2014
; updated 9 February 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from