Jo Johnson’s voting in Parliament
Jo Johnson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jo Johnson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Johnson voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Johnson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Johnson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Johnson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Feb 2018
Holding answer received on 15 May 2018 Northern are being formally assessed as every franchise is as part of standard franchise management processes relating to performance. Northern will also be assessed on their compliance to the Train Service Requirement under the franchise agreement. Further, on the Lakes Line, the train operator, is exploring the possibility of delivering an...
I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Windsor (Adam Afriyie) on securing this important debate about the effect on Lakeside Energy from Waste Ltd of the Government’s preference for a third runway at Heathrow. I shall address my hon. Friend’s specific points shortly, but wish to begin by providing the House with some general context. As my hon. Friend will know, the...
Holding answer received on 15 May 2018 The department is not aware of potentially anti-competitive practises. Revenue allocation arrangements are a matter for Rail Settlement Plan Ltd and individual bus operators. As the UK’s independent competition regulator it is for the Competition and Markets Authority to investigate anti-competitive practices and details of how to raise...
More of Jo Johnson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Orpington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jo Johnson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- BBC World Service: India
- Biggin Hill Airport: Olympic Games 2012
- Official Visits
- Driving: Sleep Apnoea
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for Transport) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (London) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (Department for Education) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Education) (15 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (Universities and Science) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Minister of State (Cabinet Office) (Head of the Number 10 Policy Unit) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (Head of the Number 10 Policy Unit) (25 Apr 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jo Johnson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 204 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Codemasters Software Company Ltd
Address of donor: Codemasters Campus, Stoneythorpe, Southam CV47 2DL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £21,000
Date received: 19 May 2017
Date accepted: 19 May 2017
Donor status: company, registration 02044132
(Registered 09 June 2017
Name of donor: Jeremy Lloyd
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Date received: 12 June 2017
Date accepted: 12 June 2017
Donor status: individual
(Registered 10 July 2017)
Name of donor: Prabodhan Ltd
Address of donor: Station House, Station Approach, East Horsley KT24 6QX
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Return airfare to Delhi with a value of £3,113
Destination of visit: Delhi
Dates of visit: 29-30 March 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend meetings for Prabodhan Leaders' Conclave in India on 29 March 2018.
(Registered 09 May 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Share in part of a residential property in NW
London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 29 May 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from