Jo Johnson’s voting in Parliament
Jo Johnson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jo Johnson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Johnson voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Johnson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Johnson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Johnson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
The timeframe for the deep tube upgrade programme is a matter for Transport for London .
The Department has had regular discussions with Network Rail about its commercial estate. On 10 September, Network Rail announced that it had agreed a £1.46bn sale with Telereal Trillium and Blackstone Property Partners for the sale of its commercial estate portfolio. Tenants’ existing rights have been safeguarded in this sale and current agreements between Network Rail and...
This information is commercially confidential.
More of Jo Johnson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Orpington
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Jo Johnson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- BBC World Service: India
- Biggin Hill Airport: Olympic Games 2012
- Official Visits
- Driving: Sleep Apnoea
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for Transport) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (London) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (Department for Education) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Universities and Science) (Joint with the Department for Education) (15 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (Universities and Science) (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Minister of State (Cabinet Office) (Head of the Number 10 Policy Unit) (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Cabinet Office) (Head of the Number 10 Policy Unit) (25 Apr 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (6 Sep 2012 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Jo Johnson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 254 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: BP
Address of donor: 1 St James
’s Square, London SW1Y 4PD
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Hospitality for me and a guest at the Royal Opera House
as part of BP's sponsored Big Screen programme, total estimated value £500 (£250 per person)
Date received: 26 June 2018
Date accepted: 26 June 2018
Donor status: company, registration 102498
(Registered 31 July 2018
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Prabodhan Ltd
Address of donor: Station House, Station Approach, East Horsley KT24 6QX
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Return airfare to Delhi with a value of £3,113
Destination of visit: Delhi
Dates of visit: 29-30 March 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend meetings for Prabodhan Leaders' Conclave in India on 29 March 2018.
(Registered 09 May 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Share in part of a residential property in NW
London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 29 May 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from