Alec Shelbrooke’s voting in Parliament
Alec Shelbrooke is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Alec Shelbrooke sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Alec Shelbrooke consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Alec Shelbrooke generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Alec Shelbrooke generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alec Shelbrooke’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alec Shelbrooke’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
In March 2014, the only son of Joanne and Robert Wark, my 19-year-old constituent Callum Wark, was killed by an HGV driver who was three times over the legal drink-drive limit. On 29 October 2014, I held an Adjournment debate in the Chamber in which I asked the then Under-Secretary of State for Justice, my hon. Friend the Member for South West Bedfordshire (Andrew Selous), to conduct a...
The CH2M issue is a bigger problem for my constituents. It is welcome that instead of the proposed viaducts in my area there is now going to be a tunnel, but other changes and mitigation are still required. My constituents want to know whether the CH2M issue delays any potential changes or decisions that will affect their lives.
More of Alec Shelbrooke’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Elmet and Rothwell
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Alec Shelbrooke campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Gardens: Property Development
- Prisons: Construction
- Medical Records
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (23 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (10 Dec 2013 to 14 May 2014)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Alec Shelbrooke’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alec Shelbrooke’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 183 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing surveys:
25 January 2017
, received £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 31 January 2017)
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): For my wife and myself, air fares and accommodation with a total value of £1,620
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Date of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend Gibraltar National Day
(Registered 30 September 2016)
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Susan Shelbrooke, as a part time senior secretary. (Updated 4 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from