A selection of Mike Weatherley's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
9 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2013–2014
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
25 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2015
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2014
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2010–2013
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
Consistently voted for university tuition fees Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mike Weatherley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mike Weatherley’s full vote analysis page for more.
The two questions I am asked most frequently about being an MP are: “Is it what you expected?” and “Do you feel you have made a difference?” That usually draws me into thinking about the big-ticket items I have been involved in. The first, of course, is just being here and sitting on the Government Benches, from which our country is being turned around—supporting the Prime Minister;...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what contribution his Department plans to make to the EU consultation on the Digital Single Market.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what recent representations his Department has received from rights holders on safe harbour provisions.
More of Mike Weatherley’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Hove
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Energy and Climate Change
- Culture Media and Sport
- Designs and Patents Act 1988
- Intellectual Property
- Telephone Services
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mike Weatherley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 63 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Motion Picture Licensing Co Ltd
Address of donor: 4 Saffrons Rd, Eastbourne BN
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel and accommodation at £3,674
Destination of visit: USA
Date of visit: 13-20 April 2014
Purpose of visit: to meet with the US Patent and Copyright departments, the MPAA
and other film studios.
(Registered 14 May 2014)
Address of donor: 802 Wilson House, 19-27 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): hotel £1,025, flights £3,058; total £4,083
Destination of visit: Hong Kong
Date of visit: 27-30 October 2014
Purpose of visit: speaking at CASBAA conference. No personal payment received.
(Registered 14 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from