A selection of Jason McCartney's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
4 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
31 votes for, 4 votes against, 19 absences, between 2012–2016
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
18 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jason McCartney’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jason McCartney’s full vote analysis page for more.
What discussions his Department has had with UK universities on the negotiations for the UK leaving the EU.
I echo those sentiments about international students and commend my hon. Friend for all his work on that campaign. I am very proud to have the award-winning Huddersfield University in our town. I visited its institute of railway research a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to the local enterprise partnership business growth fund, it is working on innovative rail and tram projects around the world,...
My local clinical commissioning group is planning to downgrade the A&E at Huddersfield Royal infirmary and move it to Halifax. That has been dictated by a disastrous private finance initiative deal. I have been fighting these appalling plans alongside the community campaign group Hands Off HRI, which is led by Karl Deitch. Will the Prime Minister join me in praising the community...
More of Jason McCartney’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Colne Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Jason McCartney campaigned to leave the European Union
- Work and Pensions
- Energy and Climate Change
- Renewable Energy: Feed-in Tariffs
- Health Services: Foreign Nationals
- Direct Selling
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Transport Committee (10 Jun 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Jason McCartney’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 81.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 146 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Principle Group
Address of donor: Tandem Industrial Estate, Huddersfield HD5 0AL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000 towards hire of venue, administration, advertising in local press and local marketing for Jobs Fair held on 5 October 2016
Date received: 23 September 2016
Date accepted: 23 September 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02108692
(Registered 17 October 2016)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Football Association
Address of donor: Wembley Stadium
Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for the FA Cup Final
at Wembley Stadium on 21 May 2016
, total value £450
Date received: 21 May 2016
Date accepted: 21 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 77797
(Registered 17 June 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from