A selection of Jonathan Lord's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2017
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
20 votes for, 5 votes against, between 2010–2015
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jonathan Lord’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jonathan Lord’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many pensioners in Woking constituency (a) receive the basic state pension, (b) receive pension credit and (c) are eligible for pension credit but do not claim it.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what recent estimate he has made of the average annual difference between the state pension paid to UK pensioners living in other EU member states and the basic state pension paid to people living in the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what proportion of asylum seekers in (a) Woking constituency, (b) Surrey and (c) the UK were (i) granted and (ii) refused asylum and returned to their home country in each of the last seven years.
More of Jonathan Lord’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Woking
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Jonathan Lord campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Cabinet Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Railways: Woking
- Entry Clearances: Overseas Students
- Schools: Admissions
- General Practitioners: Woking
- GCSE: Children in Care
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Jonathan Lord’s speeches
- Has received answers to 47 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 169 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 47 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from