Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
A selection of Julie Hilling's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 23 votes against, 3 absences, between 2013–2015
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
0 votes for, 9 votes against, between 2013–2014
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 17 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2013
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2011–2014
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julie Hilling’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julie Hilling’s full vote analysis page for more.
Former Labour MP for Bolton West
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Northern Rail: Rolling Stock
- Neuromuscular Disorders: North West
- Railways: North West
- Employment and Support Allowance
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (19 Mar 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (7 Nov 2011 to 12 Dec 2012)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 10 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Julie Hilling’s speeches
- Has received answers to 21 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 42 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 243 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from