Mark Pawsey’s voting in Parliament
Mark Pawsey is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Pawsey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Pawsey voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mark Pawsey generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Pawsey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Pawsey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Pawsey has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
The Chancellor is right to focus on how the tax system might be used to encourage improvements in the environment, and I know that the packaging industry recognises the need to reduce waste and will respond positively to his call for evidence. I ask for it to include two things: first, that it is people who cause litter, and the Chancellor spoke about the need for behaviour change; and,...
What recent steps he has taken to improve electric vehicle charge point infrastructure.
Yesterday, the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee visited the London Electric Vehicle Company in my constituency. The Secretary of State will remember opening it a year ago, and it is great that we are now seeing electric taxis on the streets of London. We also went to the Electric Vehicle Experience Centre in Milton Keynes, where we heard concerns about the fact that the lack...
More of Mark Pawsey’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rugby
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Pawsey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Public Data Corporation
- Home Education
- Plastics: Packaging
- Mental Health Services: West Midlands
- Road Safety
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Mark Pawsey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Pawsey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 216 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Mar 2018.
Name of donor: Government of Pakistan
Address of donor: c/o High Commission
of Pakistan, 36 Lowdnes Square, London SW1X 9JN
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, food and internal transport with an approximate value of £3,598
Destination of visit: Lahore, Islamabad, Muzaffarad and Karachi, Pakistan
Dates of visit: 1-9 April 2017
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary delegation, as part of the 70th anniversary of independence, to look at strengthening democratic institutions, security, trade, religious freedom and the work of DFID
(Registered 29 June 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Commercial property in Rugby: (i) and (ii). (Registered 04 December 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from