Mark Pawsey’s voting in Parliament
Mark Pawsey is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Pawsey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Pawsey voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mark Pawsey generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Pawsey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Pawsey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Pawsey has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
What assessment his Department has made of the contribution of sport to effective outcomes in the criminal justice system.
Programmes run by professional rugby clubs—such as the England-wide Hitz programme, which is run in my nearest premiership club, Wasps, and Saracens’ Get Onside in London—build up career aspirations for young offenders and those excluded from school. We have already heard that rates of reoffending are too high, but the Get Onside programme prevents 92% of the young offenders...
May I first congratulate and thank the Prime Minister? She has had a busy few days, but has managed to be at the Dispatch Box for the best part of the past couple of hours. Will my right hon. Friend confirm that the arrangements are positive for business and jobs by establishing a free trade area to enable the frictionless trade that is so important for manufacturers operating in just-in-time...
More of Mark Pawsey’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rugby
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Pawsey campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Company Cars: Taxation
- Public Data Corporation
- Home Education
- Plastics: Packaging
- Mental Health Services: West Midlands
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (29 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Mark Pawsey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Pawsey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 228 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from