Margot James campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Margot James’s voting in Parliament
Margot James is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Margot James sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Margot James consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Margot James’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Margot James’s full vote analysis page for more.
Margot James has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
In the short term, the Government will continue to seek the amendment or repeal of EU rules within the framework of the European Commission’s Regulatory Fitness (REFIT) programme, in order to minimise the regulatory burdens imposed on UK businesses. The REFIT programme was established in 2012 to review the stock of existing EU legislation in order to identify burdens, inconsistencies,...
Information is not held for individual constituencies or boroughs. Figures are recorded for Merseyside and are from the 2007-13 programming period where projects could spend money up to the end of 2015, with some reimbursements taking place in 2016. The figures for the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) are: Year £m Merseyside 2009 £77.30 2010 £25.00 2011...
A list of Special Advisers in Government will be published in due course.
More of Margot James’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stourbridge
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Human Trafficking
- NHS: Drugs
- Industrial Health and Safety
- Higher Education: Admissions
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 8 Nov 2012)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Margot James’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.10% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 93 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Margot James’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 148 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Aug 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over Â£100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
Cottage in Worcestershire: (i) and (ii).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Violet Productions; film production
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than Â£70,000
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from