Sheryll Murray’s voting in Parliament
Sheryll Murray is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Sheryll Murray sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sheryll Murray consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sheryll Murray’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sheryll Murray’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sheryll Murray has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
What steps he has taken to engage with the devolved Administrations on the matter of the UK leaving the EU.
Will my right hon. Friend confirm that once we leave the EU we will have total control over our internationally recognised fisheries limits, that fishermen from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England will benefit from any new management regime, and that this will not be bargained away during any negotiations?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many people emigrated from the UK in 2016; what the destinations were of those leaving the UK, including how many entered other EU countries; and what assessment her Department has made of those trends in future net migration.
More of Sheryll Murray’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Sheryll Murray campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Fisheries: White Fish
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Sheryll Murray’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 143 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
Name of donor: High Commission
Address of donor: 13 St James
's Square, London SW1Y 4LB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): transport and accommodation for me and a member of staff; £925.15
Destination of visit: Cyprus
Dates of visit: 9 November - 12 November 2016
Purpose of visit: UK Conservative Friends of Cyprus Parliamentary Delegation to examine the Cyprus Problem
(Registered 06 December 2016
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): airfare and accommodation for me and member of staff with a value of £1,278
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 7-11 September 2017
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit following Brexit and to support them on their National Day.
(Registered 13 September 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from