Sheryll Murray’s voting in Parliament
Sheryll Murray is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Sheryll Murray sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sheryll Murray consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sheryll Murray’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sheryll Murray’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sheryll Murray has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
Conservative MP for South East Cornwall
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Sheryll Murray campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Fisheries: White Fish
- Common Fisheries Policy
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Libya: Armed Conflict
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Sheryll Murray’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 96.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 133 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sheryll Murray’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 128 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Looe Conservative Ladies Luncheon Club
Address of donor: c/o Old Barbican Cottage, Barbican Hill, East Looe PL13 1DZ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,776.91
Donor status: members’ association
(Registered 17 October 2017
Name of donor: Torpoint and District Unionist Club Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Macey St, Torpoint PL11 2AH
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
Donor status: members’ association; company number IP05595R
(Registered 19 December 2017)
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: 150 Strand, London WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): airfare and accommodation for me and member of staff with a value of £1,278
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 7-11 September 2017
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit following Brexit and to support them on their National Day
(Registered 13 September 2017)
Name of donor: Prosperous Armenia Party
Address of donor: 47 Hanrapetutyan Street, 0010 Yerevan
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): airfare and accommodation for me and member of staff with a value of £2,800
Destination of visit: Yerevan, Armenia
Dates of visit: 21-24 September 2017
Purpose of visit: Attendance at Progressivism and Conservatism conference in Yerevan.
(Registered 10 October 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from