Michael Ellis’s voting in Parliament
Michael Ellis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Michael Ellis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Michael Ellis consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Ellis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Ellis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Ellis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
It is always a pleasure to be under your jurisdiction, Mr Deputy Speaker. May I start by warmly welcoming the hon. Member for Bristol South (Karin Smyth) to her position as shadow Deputy Leader of the House? I look forward to working with her on those collaborative and common-ground issues on which we can work together. I am sure we will continue to do that. My hon. Friend the Member for...
With the leave of the House, I will, in the limited time available, answer some of these points. The hon. Member for Walsall South (Valerie Vaz) asked what was meant by “reasonable”. The issue is simply this: a reasonable request means HS2 weighing up the cost of meeting a request against whether there is a genuine need for the information to be presented in the format requested....
More of Michael Ellis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Northampton North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Michael Ellis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Iran: Sanctions
- Middle East
- Middle East: Armed Conflict
- Embassies: Iran
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 17 Jul 2016)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Ellis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Ellis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 134 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Vacant land in Staffordshire: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Arnold Estates Ltd. UK
Arnold Estates LLC
Properties Ltd. Property investment company. (Registered 27 May 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from