Michael Ellis’s voting in Parliament
Michael Ellis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Michael Ellis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Michael Ellis voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Ellis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Ellis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Ellis has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Government fully supports the Mayflower 400 programme, and we acknowledge Plymouth as the centre for the anniversary commemorations. Initiatives such as these help to encourage tourists to travel outside of London and see what the whole UK has to offer. The Mayflower 400 received standalone grant (not Discover England Fund) of £500,000 over a two-year term ending 31 March 2018 to...
There are currently no plans to change the list of designated days for flying the Union Flag on Government buildings.All other flag flying in England, Scotland and Wales is deregulated, and any organisation may fly any flag at any time, so long as they have the necessary planning permission. Therefore, anyone may fly the Red Ensign on Merchant Navy Day if they wish.
Local authorities in England have a statutory duty under the Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964 (1964 Act) to provide a comprehensive and efficient library service. Under the 1964 Act, the Secretary of State has a duty to superintend, and promote the improvement of, the public library service provided by local authorities in England, and to secure the proper discharge by local authorities...
More of Michael Ellis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Northampton North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Michael Ellis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Iran: Sanctions
- Middle East
- Middle East: Armed Conflict
- Embassies: Iran
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (17 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Ellis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.14% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Ellis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 154 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Until September 2017
, vacant land in Staffordshire: (i). (Updated 07 September 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Arnold Estates Ltd. UK
Arnold Estates LLC
Properties Ltd. Property investment company. (Registered 27 May 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from