Michael Ellis’s voting in Parliament
Michael Ellis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Michael Ellis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Michael Ellis voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Ellis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Ellis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Ellis has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
We are taking a number of steps to promote cultural diplomacy, working very closely with FCO, the British Council and DIT to ensure that culture is fully integrated into the UK’s diplomatic activities, both at home and in our embassies around the world. This includes the GREAT campaign, annual Seasons of Culture, formal cultural agreements with other governments, the Cultural...
£120 million of new funding is allocated to the Festival.
Between February 2015 and the Spring Budget 2016, £15m of Government funding was allocated by Her Majesty’s Treasury for projects relating to Hull hosting UK City of Culture 2017, and investing in the city’s cultural economy for the future.
More of Michael Ellis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Northampton North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Michael Ellis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Iran: Sanctions
- Middle East
- Middle East: Armed Conflict
- Embassies: Iran
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (17 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Ellis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.09% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Ellis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 156 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from