Michael Ellis campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Michael Ellis’s voting in Parliament
Michael Ellis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Michael Ellis’s votes.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Ellis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Ellis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Michael Ellis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to appear before you, Madam Deputy Speaker, and opposite the shadow Deputy Leader of the House, the hon. Member for Lancaster and Fleetwood (Cat Smith), who gave a consummate first performance. The shadow Leader of the House, the hon. Member for Walsall South (Valerie Vaz), called me “suave” in the Chamber last week—the hon. Lady’s impressive skills...
Every Member has an opportunity to vote in the estimates process. The Liaison Committee is the body that has been chosen by the House to represent the interests of the House in selecting topics for debate on estimates days. If Members wish to examine a particular estimate in relation to the effect that it has on the block grant or for one of the devolved Administrations, they are free to make...
More of Michael Ellis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Northampton North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Iran: Sanctions
- Middle East
- Middle East: Armed Conflict
- Embassies: Iran
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 17 Jul 2016)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Ellis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Ellis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 120 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Vacant land in Staffordshire: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Arnold Estates Ltd. UK
Arnold Estates LLC
Properties Ltd. Property investment company. (Registered 27 May 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from