A selection of Michael Ellis's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2013–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Michael Ellis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Michael Ellis’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is a real pleasure to be the Minister at the Dispatch Box for this debate and to follow the eloquent remarks of the shadow Deputy Leader of the House, the hon. Member for Lancaster and Fleetwood (Cat Smith). In the few minutes remaining, it falls to me to try to answer some of the points raised and sum up the debate. My hon. Friend—he feels like a friend, but I should say the hon....
It is a pleasure to appear before you, Mr Gray.
Well, that has not quite happened yet. Nevertheless, it is a great pleasure to be here and to represent the House in this debate. I congratulate the hon. Member for Edinburgh North and Leith (Deidre Brock) on securing this debate; I am sure it is one of the many debates on this subject that will continue to take place. As a Government, we are keen to ensure that the process of leaving the...
More of Michael Ellis’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Northampton North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Michael Ellis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Iran: Sanctions
- Middle East
- Middle East: Armed Conflict
- Embassies: Iran
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (17 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 2 Nov 2015)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Feb 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Michael Ellis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 130 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Vacant land in Staffordshire: (i).
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Arnold Estates Ltd. UK
Arnold Estates LLC
Properties Ltd. Property investment company. (Registered 27 May 2014
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from