Stuart Andrew’s voting in Parliament
Stuart Andrew is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Stuart Andrew sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Stuart Andrew voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Stuart Andrew’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Stuart Andrew’s full vote analysis page for more.
Stuart Andrew has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Defence: European Defence Industrial Development Programme (EDIDP).
Witnesses: Stuart Andrew MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Procurement Linda Dann, Head of European Bilateral Relations and EU Exit, Ministry of Defence Valerie Evans, Head of the International Relations Group, Defence Equipment and Support
European Scrutiny: European Defence Industrial Development Programme (EDIDP).
Witnesses: Stuart Andrew MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Procurement, Ministry of Defence Linda Dann, Head of European Bilateral Relations and EU Exit, Ministry of Defence Valerie Evans, Head of the International Relations Group, Defence Equipment and Support
Willis Towers Watson do not calculate the pay benchmarks for Defence Equipment and Support employees.
More of Stuart Andrew’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Pudsey
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Stuart Andrew campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Home Department
- Women and Equalities
- Heart Diseases: Children
- Heart Diseases
- NHS: Pensions
- HIV Infection: Diagnosis
- Health Services: Children
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 19 Jul 2018)
- Assistant Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (9 Jan 2018 to 19 Jul 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jun 2017 to 19 Jul 2018)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Stuart Andrew’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 131 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Stuart Andrew’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 183 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from