Gavin Barwell campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Gavin Barwell’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Barwell is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gavin Barwell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Barwell consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Gavin Barwell consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Barwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Barwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Barwell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Communities and Local Government: Capacity in the home building industry.
Witnesses: Gavin Barwell MP, Minister of State for Housing and Planning, Department for Communities and Local Government
I refer the hon Member to my answer to Question UIN 58708.
In 2010-11 there was a large scale voluntary transfer of local authority owned social housing to private registered providers in Warrington. Average rents for private registered providers in Warrington are available in live table 704: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/live-tab les-on-rents-lettings-and-tenancies The Valuation Office Agency private rental market statistics...
More of Gavin Barwell’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Communities and Local Government
- Smoking: Health Services
- Youth Unemployment: London
- Heathrow Airport
- Autism: Children
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Housing, Planning and London) (since 17 Jul 2016)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Whip, House of Commons) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (15 Jul 2014 to 13 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Barwell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 139 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Barwell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 167 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from