A selection of Gavin Barwell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
18 votes for, 5 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2015
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2011
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Barwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Barwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Social letting agencies can support vulnerable people and people on low incomes to access and sustain tenancies in the private rented sector. There are a number of different models of social letting agencies and in the Housing White Paper we set out our interest in exploring the relative effectiveness of these different models with the aim of securing more housing for households who would...
It has not proved possible to respond to the hon. Member in the time available before Prorogation.
I will ask the Chief Executive of the Homes and Communities Agency to write to the hon. Member with this information.
More of Gavin Barwell’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Croydon Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Gavin Barwell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Cabinet Office
- Communities and Local Government
- Smoking: Health Services
- Youth Unemployment: London
- Heathrow Airport
- Autism: Children
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Housing, Planning and London) (17 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Whip, House of Commons) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 13 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Barwell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 200 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Everything Everywhere
Address of donor: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield AL10 9BW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two football match tickets and hospitality at Wembley Stadium
, value £540
Date received: 6 August 2016
Date accepted: 6 August 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02382161
(Registered 07 September 2016)
Until June 2016, Member of the Court of Governors of the Whitgift Foundation
. (Updated 13 September 2016)
Until June 2016, Chairman of the Governors of Trinity School
. (Registered 19 December 2012; updated 13 September 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from