Gavin Barwell campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Gavin Barwell’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Barwell is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gavin Barwell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gavin Barwell consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Barwell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Barwell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Barwell has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Government has made £12 million available to a range of local authorities to help them crack down on rogue landlords. £6.6 milion of that funding was provided to London boroughs. Through the Housing and Planning Act 2016, the Government is introducing a package of measures to help local authorities go further in tackling rogue landlords. They include a database of rogue...
We are working with Departments across Government to agree the UK’s negotiating position on EU exit. The Prime Minister has been clear we will not give a running commentary on Brexit negotiations.
244 of 338 local planning authorities (72%) have an adopted Local Plan, compared to 58 (17%) in May 2010. Approximately 69% of England's land area is covered by adopted Local Plans. In order to ensure areas get plans in place the Government has tabled an amendment to the Neighbourhood Planning Bill to place a statutory duty on every local planning authority to have a development plan document...
More of Gavin Barwell’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon Central
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Communities and Local Government
- Smoking: Health Services
- Youth Unemployment: London
- Heathrow Airport
- Autism: Children
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for Communities and Local Government) (Housing, Planning and London) (since 17 Jul 2016)
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Deputy Chief Whip, House of Commons) (since 13 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Whip, House of Commons) (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (15 Jul 2014 to 13 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (12 Jul 2010 to 27 Feb 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Barwell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 153 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Barwell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 124 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Football Association Premier League Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket and associated hospitality at Crystal Palace
v West Ham
football match for my son and myself; value £600
Date received: 17 October 2015
Date accepted: 17 October 2015
Donor status: company, registration number 02719699
(Registered 16 November 2015
Name of donor: Everything Everywhere
Address of donor: Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield AL10 9BW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two football match tickets and hospitality at Wembley Stadium
, value £540
Date received: 6 August 2016
Date accepted: 6 August 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02382161
(Registered 07 September 2016
Until June 2016, Member of the Court of Governors of the Whitgift Foundation
. (Updated 13 September 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from