Robin Walker’s voting in Parliament
Robin Walker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robin Walker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robin Walker voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robin Walker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robin Walker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robin Walker has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
As a matter of course, the Government does not publish legal advice. The EEA Agreement only applies to the UK in its capacity as an EU Member State. The EEA Agreement will no longer operate in respect of the UK when we leave the EU. However, at the March European Council we agreed with the EU that the UK is to be treated as a Member State for the purposes of international agreements for the...
The point I was making—I apologise for making it from a sedentary position—is that the Attorney General said that, on the balance of probabilities, the backstop would not be entered into. He also pointed out that it could be challenged legally under European law were it ever to be entered into.
More of Robin Walker’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Worcester
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Robin Walker campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Pupils: Per Capita Costs
- Palliative Care
- Non-domestic Rates: Worcestershire
- Affordable Housing: Worcester
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (2 Dec 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Jun 2011 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Robin Walker’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robin Walker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 342 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)