Robin Walker’s voting in Parliament
Robin Walker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robin Walker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robin Walker voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robin Walker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robin Walker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robin Walker has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Scottish Affairs: The work of the Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland.
Witnesses: Alister Jack MP, Secretary of State for Scotland Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State Gillian McGregor, Director, Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland
An error has been identified in the written answer given on 08 October 2019. The correct answer should have been: It has not proved possible to respond to the hon Member in the time available before Prorogation. The UK Government is unconditionally committed to the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement and its successors, and to maintaining the rights of the people of Northern Ireland and...
I thank the House for what has been a sensible and consensual debate on this statutory instrument. It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Ealing North (Stephen Pound), who described the debate as bittersweet. I think that we all recognise that concern. It is somewhat bittersweet to be welcomed by him to the Dispatch Box after three years, although perhaps people were fed up with...
More of Robin Walker’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Worcester
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Robin Walker campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Pupils: Per Capita Costs
- Palliative Care
- Non-domestic Rates: Worcestershire
- Non-domestic Rates: Valuation
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Scotland Office) (jointly with the Northern Ireland Office) (since 26 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (17 Jul 2016 to 26 Jul 2019)
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (2 Dec 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Jun 2011 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Robin Walker’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.70% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robin Walker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 393 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Uber
Address of donor: 1 Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London E1 8FA
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Corporate hospitality ticket for England v Australia at Lords with a value of £267, plus refreshments with an estimated value of over £40, approx. total £307
Date received: 25 June 2019
Date accepted: 25 June 2019
Donor status: company, registration 08014782
(Registered 01 August 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i). (Registered 14 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)