Robin Walker’s voting in Parliament
Robin Walker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robin Walker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robin Walker consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robin Walker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robin Walker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robin Walker has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Dec 2017
Our sectoral analysis is made up of a wide mix of qualitative and quantitative analyses examining activity across sectors, regulatory and trade frameworks and the views of stakeholders. Our overall programme of work is comprehensive and is continually updated, but it is not, and never has been, a series of impact assessments.
We work very closely with our colleagues in the Treasury and, of course, we make sure that information is shared between us. Our negotiating position is informed, as we have repeatedly said, by a very wide range of analysis, much of which is in the form of advice to Ministers.
My hon. Friend raises an interesting point. We need to reflect on the fact that the UK is uniquely aligned among the countries that will be outside the EU; it is a huge market for the EU. There is a real opportunity for the EU to do a trade deal with what will be its biggest export market.
More of Robin Walker’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Worcester
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Robin Walker campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Pupils: Per Capita Costs
- Palliative Care
- Non-domestic Rates: Worcestershire
- Affordable Housing: Worcester
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (2 Dec 2012 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Jun 2011 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Robin Walker’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robin Walker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 279 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from