A selection of Nick de Bois's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2015
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2010–2013
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
Voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2011–2012
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 7 votes against, between 2011–2012
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nick de Bois’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nick de Bois’s full vote analysis page for more.
I want to put it on record that that has been examined by many people, but it is nowhere near the standard that we require for A-level and it will not achieve the objective, for example, of helping someone get into a university with that qualification.
More of Nick de Bois’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Enfield North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- International Development
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Drinking Water
- Drugs: Misuse
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (31 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Dec 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Nick de Bois’s speeches
- Has received answers to 52 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 133 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
Of 3rd Step Broadcast:
Payment of £1,025 received from Global Radio, 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA for providing Saturday presenter cover on three occasions. Payment retained by 3rd Step Broadcast for the winner of a constituency
entrepreneurs scheme. Hours: 7 hrs on each occasion; 21 hrs in total. (Registered 17 December 2014)
(a)Director and sole shareholder in 3rd Step Broadcast (Registered 11 December 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from