A selection of Karen Lumley's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 15 votes against, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
5 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karen Lumley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karen Lumley’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what steps her Department plans to take to (a) improve retention of and (b) reduce staff turnover among prison officers.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what plans he has to improve access to affordable dentistry services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many stroke patients were offered speech therapy (a) nationally and (b) in Worcestershire in 2016.
More of Karen Lumley’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Redditch
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Karen Lumley campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Department of Health
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Politics and Government
- Cancer: Drugs
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Transport Committee (5 Nov 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 6 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Karen Lumley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 90 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 63 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment of £200 expected from IPSOS
Mori, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for a survey completed on 14 July 2016
. Hours: 1 hr. The fee will be donated to charity. (Registered 15 July 2016)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: This is Global Ltd
Address of donor: 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets and hospitality at Capital Radio Summertime Ball
at Wembley Stadium
, on 11 June 2016
Date received: 11 June 2016
Date accepted: 11 June 2016
Donor status: company, registration 6251684
(Registered 15 June 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Part ownership of a house in Redditch: (i). (Registered 21 February 2013)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
RKL Geological Services, consultancy company. (Registered 16 January 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from