Sajid Javid’s voting in Parliament
Sajid Javid is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Sajid Javid sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sajid Javid voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sajid Javid’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sajid Javid’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sajid Javid has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Today, the Government is laying the Misuse of Drugs (Amendments) (Cannabis and Licence Fees) (England, Wales and Scotland) Regulations 2018 (“the 2018 Regulations”) in the House. These regulations reschedule cannabis-based products for medicinal use and will come into force on 1 November 2018. On 19 June, I announced a two-part review to look at the scheduling of cannabis-related...
Immigration The Government deeply regrets what has happened to the Windrush generation and is determined to right the wrongs they have experienced under successive governments. The Home Office has put in place a series of measures to support those affected, one of which is the design of a compensation scheme to compensate those members of the Windrush generation who have faced difficulties in...
Max Hill QC, the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation, has prepared a report on the operation in 2017 of the Terrorism Act 2000, the Terrorism Act 2006 the Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures Act 2011, and The Terrorist Asset Freezing etc Act 2010. In accordance with section 36(5) of the Terrorism Act 2006, I am today laying this report before the House, and copies will...
More of Sajid Javid’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bromsgrove
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Sajid Javid campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Industrial Disputes
- Trade Unions: Finance
- Indonesia: Religious Freedom
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Railways: Finance
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for the Home Department (since 30 Apr 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2018 to 30 Apr 2018)
- The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (14 Jul 2016 to 8 Jan 2018)
- The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Minister for Equality (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (9 Apr 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (4 Sep 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Sajid Javid’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 154 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sajid Javid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 731 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Oct 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Grimes Finishings
Address of donor: Unit 3 Rumbush Farm, Rumbush Lane, Solihull B94 5LW
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Date received: 5 February 2018
Date accepted: 5 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration 05746000
(Registered 02 March 2018
Name of donor: America Enterprise Institute
Address of donor: 1789 Massachusetts Ave NW
, Washington, DC
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Hotel £316.71; food: £188.50; flights: £8,458.89; ground transportation £302.08; total £9,266.18
Destination of visit: Sea Island, Georgia
Dates of visit: 8-10 March 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the America Enterprise World Forum.
(Registered 22 March 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Bristol: (i).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from