Sajid Javid’s voting in Parliament
Sajid Javid is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Sajid Javid sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sajid Javid consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sajid Javid’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sajid Javid’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sajid Javid has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Conservative MP for Bromsgrove
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Sajid Javid campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Industrial Disputes
- Trade Unions: Finance
- Indonesia: Religious Freedom
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Railways: Finance
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Minister for Equality (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (9 Apr 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (4 Sep 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Sajid Javid’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 150 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sajid Javid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 504 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: HSBC Bank Plc
Address of donor: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,500 towards hire of venue, administration, hospitality, marketing and advertising in regional press for local jobs fair held in Bromsgrove on 5 February 2016
. £444.31 of this donation was returned on 6 September 2016
Date received: 15 January 2016
Date accepted: 15 January 2016
Donor status: company, registration 14259
(Registered 10 February 2016; updated 31 January 2017
Name of donor: Aldi Stores Ltd
Address of donor: Holly Lane, Atherstone CV9 2SQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000 towards hire of venue, administration, hospitality, marketing and advertising in regional press for local jobs fair held in Bromsgrove on 5 February 2016. £493.68 of this donation was returned on 6 September 2016.
Date received: 3 February 2016
Date accepted: 3 February 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02321869
(Registered 10 February 2016; updated 31 January 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Bristol: (i).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from