Sajid Javid’s voting in Parliament
Sajid Javid is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Sajid Javid sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Sajid Javid voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Sajid Javid’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Sajid Javid’s full vote analysis page for more.
Sajid Javid has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Feb 2019
In October, I announced that there would be a major independent review of drug misuse. This will look at a wide range of issues, including the system of support and enforcement around drug misuse, in order to inform our thinking about what more can be done to tackle drug harms. The Review will make sure that we know as much as possible about who drug users are, what they are taking and how...
The Government launched a public consultation on 19 July 2018 seeking views on proposals for a Windrush compensation scheme. I am today updating the House on the progress of the Government’s response to that consultation. Righting the wrongs experienced by the Windrush generation remains one of my top priorities. The consultation period was originally intended to last 12 weeks. I made a...
We are fortunate to live in one of the most welcoming countries in the world, which has a proud tradition of promoting respect for the rule of law, for property, and for one another. The Government is committed to creating a just and fair country, where equality of opportunity flourishes and the life chances of all are enhanced. Recent debates in this House have addressed the topic of...
More of Sajid Javid’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bromsgrove
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Sajid Javid campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Industrial Disputes
- Trade Unions: Finance
- Indonesia: Religious Freedom
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Railways: Finance
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for the Home Department (since 30 Apr 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government (8 Jan 2018 to 30 Apr 2018)
- The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (14 Jul 2016 to 8 Jan 2018)
- The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Minister for Equality (9 Apr 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (9 Apr 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- The Financial Secretary to the Treasury (7 Oct 2013 to 9 Apr 2014)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (6 Sep 2012 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (4 Sep 2012 to 25 Nov 2013)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Sajid Javid’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 145 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Sajid Javid’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 823 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Feb 2019.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Grimes Finishings
Address of donor: Unit 3 Rumbush Farm, Rumbush Lane, Solihull B94 5LW
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Date received: 5 February 2018
Date accepted: 5 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration 05746000
(Registered 02 March 2018)
Name of donor: America Enterprise Institute
Address of donor: 1789 Massachusetts Ave NW
, Washington, DC
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Hotel £316.71; food: £188.50; flights: £8,458.89; ground transportation £302.08; total £9,266.18
Destination of visit: Sea Island, Georgia
Dates of visit: 8-10 March 2018
Purpose of visit: To attend the America Enterprise World Forum.
(Registered 22 March 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Bristol: (i).
House in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 25 February 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from