A selection of Tom Blenkinsop's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
1 vote for, 15 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 6 votes against, between 2010–2017
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2010–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tom Blenkinsop’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tom Blenkinsop’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, pursuant to the Answer of 13 April 2017 to Question 70406, on energy intensive industries: trade competitiveness, whether such compensation funding has been allocated on a rolling basis until an exemption is secured or a set amount has been committed to the policy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he has made an estimate of the cost to the public purse of business rate relief for fee-paying schools in England for each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what estimate he has made of the amount of business rates paid by state schools in England in each of the last five years.
More of Tom Blenkinsop’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Tom Blenkinsop campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Fire Services
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Personal Independence Payment
- Regional Planning and Development
- Public Sector: Mutual Societies
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Committee on Standards (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (4 Jul 2011 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (22 Nov 2010 to 7 Nov 2011)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jan 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Tom Blenkinsop’s speeches
- Has received answers to 148 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 207 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Northumbrian Water Ltd
Address of donor: Boldon House, Wheatlands Way, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5FA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: for a member of staff and myself, tickets with hospitality to watch a football match at the Stadium of Light
, total value £780
Date received: 27 May 2016
Date accepted: 27 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 2366703
(Registered 26 July 2016
Name of donor: Teesside University
Address of donor: Middlesbrough TS1 3BX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket for a football match, and associated hospitality, value £340
Date received: 30 April 2017
Date accepted: 30 April 2017
Donor status: other
(Registered 02 May 2017)
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from