Tom Blenkinsop campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Tom Blenkinsop’s voting in Parliament
Tom Blenkinsop is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Tom Blenkinsop’s votes.
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Tom Blenkinsop’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Tom Blenkinsop’s full vote analysis page for more.
Tom Blenkinsop has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether she has had discussions with social media companies on improving their cooperation with police investigations.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, whether his Department holds information on the number of households using foundation stage meters which have switched energy suppliers in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what progress his Department has made in improving the interoperability of early smart meters.
More of Tom Blenkinsop’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Fire Services
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Personal Independence Payment
- Regional Planning and Development
- Public Sector: Mutual Societies
Currently held offices
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 1 Feb 2016)
- Member, Committee on Standards (since 28 Oct 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (since 28 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (13 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Committee of Selection (9 May 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (4 Jul 2011 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (22 Nov 2010 to 7 Nov 2011)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 23 Jan 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Dec 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Northumbrian Water Ltd
Address of donor: Boldon House, Wheatlands Way, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5FA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: for a member of staff and myself, tickets with hospitality to watch a football match at the Stadium of Light
, total value £780
Date received: 27 May 2016
Date accepted: 27 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 2366703
(Registered 26 July 2016
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from