A selection of Gavin Shuker’s votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
54 votes for, 13 votes against, 38 absences, between 2012–2019.
Generally voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
10 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2011–2016.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
2 votes for, 45 votes against, 8 absences, between 2014–2016.
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 11 votes against, between 2011–2016.
Almost always voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 16 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2018.
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Shuker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Shuker’s full vote analysis page for more.
As the first Gavin Shuker MP to be called under your tenure, Mr Speaker, may I, too, offer my congratulations on your elevation? For 10 years in this place I have repeatedly raised with the Foreign Secretary and his predecessors the appalling human rights abuses in Kashmir. Further to our recent disappointing exchange of letters, can he give one single example of actions he has taken in...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when her Department plans to publish the report entitled Prostitution and sex work: nature and prevalence in England and Wales.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, when she plans to answer Question 2871 tabled on 21 October 2019 by the hon. Member for Luton South.
More of Gavin Shuker’s recent appearances
Former Independent MP for Luton South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015; Labour/Co-operative until 17 Feb 2019
Topics of interest
Gavin Shuker campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Transport
- Free Schools: Luton
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 8 May 2019)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (28 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Commons Reference Group on Representation and Inclusion Committee (15 Nov 2016 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) ( 7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) ( 1 Mar 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Transport Committee ( 2 Nov 2010 to 18 Jul 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)