Gavin Shuker campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Gavin Shuker’s voting in Parliament
Gavin Shuker is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Gavin Shuker’s votes.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted against university tuition fees Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gavin Shuker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gavin Shuker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gavin Shuker has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions he has had with the Myanmar government on steps to prevent hate speech and incitement of violence against Rohingya people in that country.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what discussions he has had with the Myanmar government on reform of that country's 1982 Citizenship Law.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what his policy is on supporting an independent investigation with international experts to investigate human rights violations in Rakhine State, Myanmar.
More of Gavin Shuker’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Luton South
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Home Department
- Free Schools: Luton
Currently held offices
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (7 Oct 2013 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (1 Mar 2011 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 18 Jul 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gavin Shuker’s speeches
- Has received answers to 51 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gavin Shuker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 138 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from