A selection of Toby Perkins's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2011–2016
Consistently voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2010
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, 7 absences, between 2011–2016
Generally voted against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
0 votes for, 13 votes against, 4 absences, between 2012–2014
We have lots more plain English analysis of Toby Perkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Toby Perkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lucky No. 7, Mr Speaker.
What recent assessment he has made of the potential effect of the UK leaving the EU on the public finances.
Throughout the last seven years, the needs of the British people have had to play second fiddle to the needs of the Conservative party. As a result, the Chancellor has been forced to disown the manifesto commitment to balance the Budget in this Parliament. Is it not the truth that today’s announcement about a general election is another example of this Government putting their...
More of Toby Perkins’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Chesterfield
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Toby Perkins campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Defence
- Work and Pensions
- Public Houses
- Members: Correspondence
- Property Searches
- Business: Government Assistance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Trade Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Business, Innovation and Skills) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Toby Perkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 50 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 316 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: William Hill PLC
Address of donor: Greenside House, 50 Station Road, Wood Green, London N22 7T
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets plus hospitality, at the FA Cup Final
tie at Wembley Stadium
, with an estimated total value of £500
Date received: 21 May 2016
Date accepted: 21 May 2016
Donor status: company, registration 04212563
(Registered 08 June 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Sole shareholder in Club Rugby; sports goods electronic retailer. (Updated 23 April 2012
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from