Robert Buckland campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Robert Buckland’s voting in Parliament
Robert Buckland is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robert Buckland sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robert Buckland generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Buckland’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Buckland’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robert Buckland has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The following table shows the number of complaints escalated to Stage 2 in the past three years: Year Stage 2 Complaints 2013/14 245 2014/15 264 2015/16 254
The following table shows the number of complaints considered by the Independent Assessor of Complaints (IAC) in the past three years: Year Complaints referred to the IAC 2013/14* 27 2014/15 76 2015/16 65 * Part year – IAC role was introduced in May/June 2013
The following table shows the number of complaints upheld or part upheld by the Independent Assessor of Complaints (IAC) in the past three years: Year IAC Complaints - Upheld IAC Complaints - Partly Upheld 2013/14* 10 6 2014/15 35 23 2015/16 36 23 * Part year – IAC role was introduced in May/June 2013
More of Robert Buckland’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Swindon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Special Educational Needs
- Schools: Swindon
Currently held offices
- The Solicitor-General (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 8 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (11 Feb 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Dec 2012 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 24 Nov 2014)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 8 Nov 2011)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 11 Feb 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Robert Buckland’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robert Buckland’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 281 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Crown Court Recorder (part-time circuit judge).
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Sir Michael Hintze
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to the Conservative Summer Party, value £500
Date received: 28 June 2016
Date accepted: 28 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 July 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Sian Buckland, as a part time caseworker. (Registered 13 July 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from