Robert Buckland’s voting in Parliament
Robert Buckland is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Robert Buckland sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Robert Buckland consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Robert Buckland generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Robert Buckland’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Robert Buckland’s full vote analysis page for more.
Robert Buckland has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
837 cases were referred to the AG in 2016. 256 of the 837 cases did not fall within the ULS scheme because they were not imposed in the Crown Court following conviction for an offence within the scheme. A case will be recorded as not falling within the ULS scheme if the offence is outside the ULS scheme, the defendant is not convicted, or they are not sentenced in the Crown Court. The...
Constitution Committee: European Union (Withdrawal) Bill.
Witnesses: (at 9:45 AM) Mr Steve Baker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Exiting the European Union Mr Robert Buckland MP, Solicitor General, Attorney General's Office Mr Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Exiting the European Union Rt Hon. the Baroness Evans of Bowes Park, Leader of the House of Lords, House of Lords
More of Robert Buckland’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Swindon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Robert Buckland campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Special Educational Needs
- Schools: Swindon
Currently held offices
- The Solicitor-General (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 8 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee (10 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (11 Feb 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Committee on Privileges (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Committee on Standards (7 Jan 2013 to 11 Sep 2014)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (12 Dec 2012 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 24 Nov 2014)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 8 Nov 2011)
- Member, Justice Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 11 Feb 2013)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Mar 2014)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Mar 2014)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Robert Buckland’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Robert Buckland’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 325 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Crown Court Recorder (part-time circuit judge).
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Wasdell Packaging Ltd
Address of donor: Unite 6-8, Euro Way, Blagrove, Swindon SN5 8YW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £15,000
Donor status: company, registration 00956939
(Registered 29 June 2017
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Sian Buckland, as a part time caseworker. (Registered 13 July 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from