A selection of Nicola Blackwood's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 22 votes against, 8 absences, between 2010–2017
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
5 votes for, 3 votes against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
16 votes for, 5 votes against, 4 absences, between 2010–2015
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, in 2013
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nicola Blackwood’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nicola Blackwood’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Food Standards Agency has the following data on numbers of equines slaughtered in approved premises in England. There were no operating equine slaughter premises in Wales during the year 2016. Type of CCTV in slaughterhouse Number of horses slaughtered between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2016 With no CCTV 136 With no CCTV installed in stunning, killing or bleeding areas...
Data on costs is not available in the format requested. However the health costs associated with alcohol misuse are estimated to cost the National Health Service in England around £3.5 billion each year and the latest estimate of the cost to the NHS in England of overweight or obesity related ill-health is £5.1 billion each year. Data is not available by cause of condition to provide an...
The conditions applicable to any grants awarded to sexual health charities are set out in the grant award letters, including a specific clause stating that the award has been made under the provisions of Section 64 and may not be used for lobbying. Any underspend is also required to be reported and returned to the Department.
More of Nicola Blackwood’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Oxford West and Abingdon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Nicola Blackwood campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Department
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Contracts
- Immigrants: Detainees
- Campsfield House Immigration Removal Centre
- Universal Credit
- Immigration Controls
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (17 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 19 Jul 2016)
- Chair, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (18 Jun 2015 to 19 Jul 2016)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Nicola Blackwood’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 175 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from