Chris Heaton-Harris’s voting in Parliament
Chris Heaton-Harris is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Heaton-Harris sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Heaton-Harris voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Heaton-Harris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Heaton-Harris’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Heaton-Harris has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
The Department has incurred the following amounts with the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms in the twelve months to 30 June 2018: KPMG £361,730.38 (VAT included) Deloitte £0 PricewaterhouseCoopers £0 Ernst & Young £0
UK courts would pay due regard to CJEU case law in only those areas where the UK continued to apply a common rulebook. The common rulebook will cover goods including agri-food, where those rules are necessary to provide for frictionless trade at the border. Where the UK agrees to retain a common rulebook with the EU, it will be important for businesses and citizens here and in the EU that...
The proposed role of the Joint Committee is set out in Chapter 4 of the White Paper. It will be responsible for the functioning of the overarching institutional framework, which will encompass most of our agreements with the EU. It will do so through regular and structured dialogue, and by making decisions in order to manage any issues, and mitigate any disputes that might arise, including...
More of Chris Heaton-Harris’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Daventry
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Heaton-Harris campaigned to leave the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Communities and Local Government
- Wind Power
- Wind Power: Noise
- Wind Power: Planning Permission
- Covent Garden Market Authority
- Northampton Hospital
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (since 9 Jul 2018)
- Member, Selection Committee (since 11 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Comptroller (HM Household) (Whip, House of Commons) (9 Jan 2018 to 9 Jul 2018)
- Government Whip (15 Jun 2017 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 2 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Heaton-Harris’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 97.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Heaton-Harris’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 232 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Aug 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: NFL UK
Address of donor: NFL International, 30 Panton Street, London SW1Y 4AJ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: One ticket with hospitality for NFL game at Wembley, with a total value of £479
Date received: 24 September 2017
Date accepted: 24 September 2017
Donor status: company, registration 02777555
(Registered 26 September 2017)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Liberty OneSteel
Address of donor: 205 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards, NSW
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Hospitality for four people at a reception on 31 December 2017
, estimated value £800 (total)
Destination of visit: Melbourne and Sydney, Australia
Date of visit: 27 December 2017 – 6 January 2018
Purpose of visit: Hospitality associated with an inter-parliamentary cricket tournament and a visit to raise funds for two local charities.
(Registered 24 January 2018)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
From 4 January 2016
to 30 January 2018, when the company dissolved, Event in a Box Ltd, of which I was Director. The company did not trade. (Registered 4 February 2016
; updated 5 February 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from