Chris Heaton-Harris’s voting in Parliament
Chris Heaton-Harris is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Heaton-Harris sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Heaton-Harris consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Heaton-Harris’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Heaton-Harris’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Heaton-Harris has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Hollobone. The reason why the two Ministers responsible for this matter are not standing here is that one is on paternity leave after the birth of his second son, Aubrey Valentine Hamilton, and the other is on a ministerial visit outside London. I spoke to the hon. Member for Newport West (Paul Flynn) last week to express their sorrow...
I happily took the hon. Gentleman’s intervention, but he has intervened on me with 10 minutes to go in my prepared speech, and I have plenty to tell him about all that if he will please wait for that particular passage. I emphasise that this is behind-the-scenes work because it is so crucial, and by doing it we address a lot of problems before the issues might arise. The hon. Gentleman...
More of Chris Heaton-Harris’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Daventry
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Heaton-Harris campaigned to leave the European Union
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Department of Health
- Communities and Local Government
- Wind Power
- Wind Power: Noise
- Wind Power: Planning Permission
- Covent Garden Market Authority
- Northampton Hospital
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (17 Jul 2016 to 15 Jun 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 3 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Heaton-Harris’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Heaton-Harris’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 230 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from