A selection of Neil Carmichael's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 5 absences, between 2010–2016
Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2010
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 14 votes against, 1 absence, between 2011–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
2 votes for, 1 vote against, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
6 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2010–2016
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
21 votes for, 22 votes against, 6 absences, between 2010–2017
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Carmichael’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Carmichael’s full vote analysis page for more.
I thank the Minister for these amendments, as they reflect very well what the Education Committee said in its recent report on the university sector and implications of leaving the European Union. I, like the Minister, believe that it is important to ensure that our sector—this very important sector—is attractive abroad.
Cyclists in Stroud—and for that matter in Sefton—are crying out for more road safety measures to ensure they can go around roundabouts and across junctions in safety. Will the Minister take that into account in national transport planning?
More of Neil Carmichael’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Stroud
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Neil Carmichael campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Cabinet Office
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Public Sector: Procurement
- Strategic Clinical Networks
- Patient Choice Schemes
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (25 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Education Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Neil Carmichael’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 109 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 319 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: (1) Conservative Group for Europe
; (2) European Democrat Students
Address of donor: (1) PO
Box 46, Presteigne LD7 9AP; (2) Rue du Commerce 10 / Handelsstraat 10, BE
-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): (1) travel with a value of £331.70; (2) accommodation valued at £132
Destination of visit: Warsaw
Dates of visit: 17-19 February 2017
Purpose of visit: To address European Democrat Students' conference.
(Registered 01 March 2017)
Name of donor: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
Address of donor: 63D Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PH
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a value of £424.61
Destination of visit: Cadenabbia, Italy
Dates of visit: 31 March - 2 April 2017
Purpose of visit: To participate in Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung's British German Dialogue.
(Registered 18 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Agricultural land in Northumberland: (i) and (ii). (Updated 3 June 2015)
Adviser (unpaid) to Wild Search
, a selection and recruitment company. (Registered 10 October 2016)
From July 2016, Director (unpaid) of FESTOMANE, a charity that organises the annual Festival of Engineering and Manufacturing to promote careers for young people in Stroud. (Registered 10 October 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from