Lisa Nandy campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Lisa Nandy’s voting in Parliament
Lisa Nandy is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Lisa Nandy’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lisa Nandy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lisa Nandy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lisa Nandy has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I do not want to interrupt the thread of my hon. Friend’s important argument, but may I bring him to the text of the motion and ask whether he shares my concern about the phrase, “for as long as the global security situation demands”? We have just had the Chilcot report, which reminded us that we are not safe if we do not uphold international rules and obligations. I, for...
It has been 13 years since Robin Cook returned to the Back Benches to campaign for a world order governed by rules. The worst possible tribute that this House could pay to him or, more importantly, to the very many servicemen and women and Iraqis killed and injured in this conflict would be to draw the wrong conclusions or, worse, to learn no lessons at all. As the Prime Minister prepares his...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what representations officials, advisers and Ministers of his Department made to the Competition and Markets Authority on the date of publication of its final report on the energy market.
More of Lisa Nandy’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wigan
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Pay
- Free Schools
- Big Society Network
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Mayors: Greater Manchester
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (14 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (18 Mar 2013 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Sep 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Lisa Nandy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 28 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 39.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 154 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lisa Nandy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 159 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Aug 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Unite the union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald’s Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Accommodation for three nights, value £945 in total
Date received: 27-30 September 2015
Date accepted: 27 September 2015
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 12 October 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from