Lisa Nandy campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Lisa Nandy’s voting in Parliament
Lisa Nandy is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Lisa Nandy’s votes.
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
Almost always voted against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Lisa Nandy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Lisa Nandy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Lisa Nandy has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what proportion of grammar school entrants are in receipt of the pupil premium in (a) England and (b) each region.
It has been two years since the Prime Minister set up the child abuse inquiry, which is now on to its fourth chair, and last week the outgoing chair said that it had become inherently unmanageable. Given that the Prime Minister appointed Dame Lowell Goddard to her position, will she insist that she comes before this House to explain herself? Surely child abuse survivors deserve an explanation.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what proportion of grammar school entrants were previously educated in fee-paying preparatory schools in (a) 2013-14, (b) 2014-15 and (c) 2015-16.
More of Lisa Nandy’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wigan
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Cabinet Office
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Pay
- Free Schools
- Big Society Network
- Departmental Public Expenditure
- Mayors: Greater Manchester
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (14 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office) (7 Oct 2013 to 14 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Education) (18 Mar 2013 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 10 Sep 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Lisa Nandy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 31 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 41.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 152 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Lisa Nandy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 159 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Unite the union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald’s Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Accommodation for three nights, value £945 in total
Date received: 27-30 September 2015
Date accepted: 27 September 2015
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 12 October 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from