A selection of Chris Williamson's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Generally voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Williamson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Williamson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rolls-Royce has received hundreds of millions of pounds from the British taxpayer for research and development, yet the company has not paid corporation tax for a considerable time. It is now offshoring jobs to low-wage economies—we have heard about India this morning. I have heard Ministers say that they want to rebalance the economy, so what steps has the Secretary of State taken to...
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps the Government is taking to ensure that there is no gap in funding for refugees between the ending of Home Office support and the start of jobseeker's allowance payments.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will make representations to the Israeli government to stop the demolition of Umm al-Hiran.
More of Chris Williamson’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Derby North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Thameslink Railway Line
- Fire Services
- Occupied Territories
- Thameslink Railway Line: Rolling Stock
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Protection of Charities Bill (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2014 to 3 Feb 2015)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 14 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Chris Williamson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2014, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 198 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 177 Abbeville Road, Clapham, London Sw4 9RL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation etc to a value of £1,041.49
Destination of visit: Qatar
Purpose of visit: Factfinding mission to examine the circumstances of migrant worker building the 2022 World cup infrastructure
8. Land and Property
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from