Andrea Leadsom’s voting in Parliament
Andrea Leadsom is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrea Leadsom sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrea Leadsom consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Andrea Leadsom generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrea Leadsom’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrea Leadsom’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrea Leadsom has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Let me begin by putting on the record the gratitude of the House for the work undertaken by Kathryn Hudson since her appointment in 2013. She has played an important role in the work of the House. New Members will be able to testify to her valuable advice on their conduct and responsibilities. She has investigated and reported on complaints with all the diligence that we and the public would...
More of Andrea Leadsom’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Northamptonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrea Leadsom campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- High Speed Two Railway Line
- Wind Power
- Bank Services
- Payment Systems Regulator
Currently held offices
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons (since 11 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (14 Jul 2016 to 11 Jun 2017)
- The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (9 Apr 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 12 May 2014)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Andrea Leadsom’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 141 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 514 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from