Andrea Leadsom’s voting in Parliament
Andrea Leadsom is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrea Leadsom sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrea Leadsom consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Andrea Leadsom generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrea Leadsom’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrea Leadsom’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrea Leadsom has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
First, may I welcome the hon. Member for Workington (Sue Hayman) to her place? It is very good to see her on the Opposition Front Bench and I look forward to working with her. Mr Speaker, may I convey the sincere apologies of my farming Minister, whose plane has been delayed? He sends his very sincere apologies and we will write to you shortly. Since the referendum, Department for...
What I can say to the right hon. Gentleman is that I am very aware of the issues around the London convention. We are looking at it very closely and will be able to comment on it in the near future.
My hon. Friend is right that leaving the EU presents enormous opportunities for UK fishers. We will seek to get the best possible deal in our negotiations.
More of Andrea Leadsom’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Northamptonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrea Leadsom campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- High Speed Two Railway Line
- Wind Power
- Bank Services
- Payment Systems Regulator
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (9 Apr 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 12 May 2014)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Andrea Leadsom’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 148 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 422 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from