Andrea Leadsom’s voting in Parliament
Andrea Leadsom is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrea Leadsom sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrea Leadsom voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Andrea Leadsom generally voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrea Leadsom’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrea Leadsom’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrea Leadsom has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Nov 2018
Business Questions to the Leader of the House – Andrea Leadsom.
The business for next week is as follows: Monday 17 December—My right hon. Friend the Prime Minister will make a statement, followed by a motion to approve the draft Online Pornography (Commercial Basis) Regulations 2018, followed by a motion to approve the draft guidance on age-verification arrangements 2018, followed by a motion to approve the draft guidance on ancillary service...
I am sure the House will not be sitting. The House decided. The whole House will want to join me in thanking the police for their swift action following the incident in New Palace Yard earlier this week. We are enormously grateful for the work our police and security officers do to keep us all safe. I am pleased to be able to spread some festive cheer to the House this morning, as the new...
More of Andrea Leadsom’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Northamptonshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrea Leadsom campaigned to leave the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- High Speed Two Railway Line
- Wind Power
- Bank Services
- Payment Systems Regulator
Currently held offices
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (since 19 Jun 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (since 14 Jun 2017)
- Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons (since 11 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (14 Jul 2016 to 11 Jun 2017)
- The Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (12 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (9 Apr 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 12 May 2014)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Andrea Leadsom’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Leadsom’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1149 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)