Andrew Griffiths’s voting in Parliament
Andrew Griffiths is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrew Griffiths sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrew Griffiths consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrew Griffiths’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrew Griffiths’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrew Griffiths has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Next few days?
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what progress is being made on ensuring that government departments buy more British food.
Will the Minister give way?
More of Andrew Griffiths’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Burton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrew Griffiths campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Home Department
- Drugs: Rehabilitation
- Prisons: Drugs
- Children in Care
- Teenage Pregnancy
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee (1 Nov 2010 to 31 Oct 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 0 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Andrew Griffiths’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew Griffiths’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 162 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Until 27 February 2017
, non-executive director for Response Eco Ltd, 18 Hyde Gardens, Eastbourne, East Sussex BN21 4PT; water treatment company. I was paid £12,000 a year for this role. Hours: 96 hrs per year. (Registered 10 September 2012
; updated 20 March 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Businessfore
Address of donor: 7 The Vale, London SW3 6AG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £12,000
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 14 September 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from