Mark Garnier’s voting in Parliament
Mark Garnier is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Garnier sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Garnier consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mark Garnier generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Garnier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Garnier’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Garnier has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
We have eight delivery partners providing English regional services through nine contracts and 32 delivery partners across 32 markets to provide our overseas services. The budgeted figures for 2017/18 are £25.4m and £9.2m for supporting the work of delivery partners in the English regions and overseas respectively.
There are regular discussions between the Department for International Trade (DIT) and the Department for Education concerning education export matters. This Government continues to support growth in UK education exports, including through the work of the team dedicated to education exports in the Department for International Trade, who have recently announced the establishment of a DIT...
The Department for International Trade (DIT) conducts a wide range of engagement with businesses in a range of fora, including regular meetings with the major trade bodies and representative groups across business sectors, to ensure that it maintains effective engagement on sectoral and country issues. DIT recently convened the Board of Trade to engage across the UK and ensure the benefits of...
More of Mark Garnier’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wyre Forest
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Garnier campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Building Inspectors
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Tobacco: Packaging
- Health and Safety Executive
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for International Trade) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Garnier’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Garnier’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 138 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: 1900 Club
Address of donor: c/o The Secretary, 29 Cromwell Avenue, Highgate, London N6 5HN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000 towards my general election
Donor status: members' association
(Registered 27 June 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From 23 June 2017, a residential property in Cornwall owned jointly with my spouse: (i) and (ii). (Registered 27 June 2017)
Member of the Court of the Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers of London, sitting as member of the Investment Committee and attending quarterly meetings. Paid a nominal sum of 10 pence on attendance. (Updated 19 May 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from