Mark Garnier’s voting in Parliament
Mark Garnier is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Garnier sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Garnier consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mark Garnier generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Garnier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Garnier’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Garnier has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Ministers and officials in the Department for International Trade are working closely with counterparts across a wide range of markets in order to promote the UK as a great place to do business and with which to trade. We have established a series of working groups and high-level dialogues with key trade partners, to explore the best ways of progressing our trade and investment relationships....
The value of UK exports of goods and services by partner country (by calendar year only) is available from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) at: https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/economy/nationalaccounts/ba lanceofpayments/adhocs/006656balanceofpaymentsannualgeograph icaldatatables/2015updateddetailedgeographictradedata.xls Source: ONS Balance of Payments annual geographical data tables.
As the Prime Minister and Department for International Trade ministers have set out, the UK is a founding member and active participant in the ongoing work of the World Trade Organisation (WTO). This includes an active involvement in services and the digital sector, where we continue to advocate for services trade liberalisation and are encouraging members to restart negotiations on the...
More of Mark Garnier’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wyre Forest
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Garnier campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Building Inspectors
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Tobacco: Packaging
- Health and Safety Executive
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for International Trade) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Garnier’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Garnier’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 132 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Sir Michael Hintze
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to the Conservative Summer Party, value £500
Date received: 28 June 2016
Date accepted: 28 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 July 2016
Member of the Court of the Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers of London, sitting as member of the Investment Committee and attending quarterly meetings. Paid a nominal sum of 10 pence on attendance. (Updated 19 May 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from