Mark Garnier’s voting in Parliament
Mark Garnier is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mark Garnier sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mark Garnier consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mark Garnier generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mark Garnier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mark Garnier’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mark Garnier has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Data on the number of companies that export goods from West Yorkshire and Calderdale are not available. The number of companies in Yorkshire and the Humber exporting goods to non-EU countries since 2010 is available in the HMRC Regional Trade Statistics. Data for 2013 to 2016: https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/RTS/RTS%20Releases/RT S_Q4_2016.xls (Table 3, CEp) Data for 2010 to 2012:...
The UK is Egypt’s largest foreign direct investor and is a longstanding trading partner. To increase trade and investment further, the Department for International Trade (DIT) works with UK companies already in Egypt and supports those exploring the market for the first time. UK Export Finance has increased its country limit to support UK trade with Egypt to £750m and guarantees...
The Department for International Trade Regularly meets with businesses and representatives from across the UK, including the agricultural sector, and will continue to do so.
More of Mark Garnier’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wyre Forest
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Mark Garnier campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- HM Treasury
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Building Inspectors
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Tobacco: Packaging
- Health and Safety Executive
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for International Trade) (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance Committee (Commons) (20 Jul 2015 to 19 Dec 2016)
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards (Joint Committee) (16 Jul 2012 to 12 Jun 2013)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 7 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Mark Garnier’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 85.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 2 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mark Garnier’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 126 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
8 April 2016
, payment of £150 from CTF
Communication, 6th Floor, 7 Old Park Lane, London W1K 1QR, for participating in a survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 29 April 2016)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Sir Michael Hintze
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: one ticket to the Conservative Summer Party, value £500
Date received: 28 June 2016
Date accepted: 28 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 28 July 2016
Member of the Court of the Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers of London, sitting as member of the Investment Committee and attending quarterly meetings. Paid a nominal sum of 10 pence on attendance. (Updated 19 May 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from