Nadhim Zahawi’s voting in Parliament
Nadhim Zahawi is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nadhim Zahawi sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nadhim Zahawi voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nadhim Zahawi’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nadhim Zahawi’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nadhim Zahawi has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Government continues to work towards a deal with the EU. This is very much in the interest of the EU as well as the UK. The Industrial Strategy has set out a long-term approach to ensure that we’re building an economy fit for the future and will help us make the best of our relations with Europe and beyond. This includes a range of measures aimed at increasing investment from the...
The Department for Education has indicated that it will not be possible to answer this question within the usual time period. An answer is being prepared and will be provided as soon as it is available.
The Department commissioned independent research to identify high value opportunities for UK steel, worth up to £3.8 billion a year by 2030. We have made clear to the sector that we are keen to work with them to support their future investment proposals to secure these future opportunities as part of a steel sector deal. We stand ready to work with the sector as soon as their proposals are...
More of Nadhim Zahawi’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stratford-on-Avon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Nadhim Zahawi campaigned to leave the European Union
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Sheep: Tagging
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 26 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education (9 Jan 2018 to 26 Jul 2019)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (12 Dec 2017 to 22 Jan 2018)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee (5 Jan 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Dec 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (30 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Nadhim Zahawi’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.90% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 103 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nadhim Zahawi’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 212 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 12 Aug 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property and 31 acres of land in Warwickshire, with stables run as a livery yard by Zahawi and Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii).
Residential buy to let property in London, divided into three flats: (i) and (ii). (Registered 12 June 2013)
House in London, rented out from 30 June 2015: (i) and (ii). (Registered 31 July 2015)
Commercial property in Surrey, purchased on 29 September 2015 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 14 October 2015; updated 28 October 2015)
Commercial property in London, purchased on 4 December 2015 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 08 December 2015)
Commercial property in London, purchased on 29 March 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 04 April 2016)
Commercial property in London, purchased on 5 July 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 19 July 2016)
Commercial property in Surrey, purchased on 29 July 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 09 August 2016)
Commercial property in East Sussex
, purchased on 18 November 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 21 November 2016)
Commercial property in Buckinghamshire, purchased on 11 December 2017 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 18 December 2017)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
SThree; international specialist recruitment business.
From 23 February 2017, British Telecom
; telecommunications services company. (Registered 24 February 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)