We need your help
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
If everyone who visited TheyWorkForYou donated just £1, we’d reach our crowdfunding target in less than 3 days.
A selection of Nadhim Zahawi's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2011–2016
Almost always voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2010–2019
Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
12 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2012–2018
Consistently voted for encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2011
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
5 votes for, 1 vote against, 2 absences, between 2010–2016
Consistently voted for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Show votes
11 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2013–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nadhim Zahawi’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nadhim Zahawi’s full vote analysis page for more.
The Department has invited representatives from both communities to participate in roundtable discussions where relevant issues are discussed. The Jain and Zoroastrian communities of this country have made, and continue to make a positive contribution to life in the United Kingdom. The Government values this contribution enormously.
The Government’s awarding of Growth Deal 3 funding in March 2017 provided a boost of £21.9 million for the Marches area. Since the Deal was agreed, the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) have been working closely with the New Model in Technology and Engineering (NMiTE) project. The LEP also provided development funding to the project to support the completion of the business...
The Government is committed to ensuring that the honours system is fully representative of UK society. The proportion of women and people from ethnic minorities receiving recognition on each honours list is available on GOV.UK as is a breakdown of ethnicities of recipients, published on the Ethnicity Facts and Figures website. Information on ages is not correlated with other diversity...
More of Nadhim Zahawi’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Stratford-on-Avon
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Nadhim Zahawi campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Innovation and Skills
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Bovine Tuberculosis
- Sheep: Tagging
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 26 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education (9 Jan 2018 to 26 Jul 2019)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (12 Dec 2017 to 22 Jan 2018)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Sub-Committee (5 Jan 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Dec 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (30 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Nadhim Zahawi’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.34% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 101 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 214 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Residential property and 31 acres of land in Warwickshire, with stables run as a livery yard by Zahawi and Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii).
Residential buy to let property in London, divided into three flats: (i) and (ii). (Registered 12 June 2013)
House in London, rented out from 30 June 2015: (i) and (ii). (Registered 31 July 2015)
Commercial property in Surrey, purchased on 29 September 2015 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 14 October 2015; updated 28 October 2015)
Commercial property in London, purchased on 4 December 2015 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 08 December 2015)
Commercial property in London, purchased on 29 March 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 04 April 2016)
Commercial property in London, purchased on 5 July 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 19 July 2016)
Commercial property in Surrey, purchased on 29 July 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 09 August 2016)
Commercial property in East Sussex
, purchased on 18 November 2016 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 21 November 2016)
Commercial property in Buckinghamshire, purchased on 11 December 2017 and rented out through Zahawi & Zahawi Ltd: (i) and (ii). (Registered 18 December 2017)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
SThree; international specialist recruitment business.
From 23 February 2017, British Telecom
; telecommunications services company. (Registered 24 February 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)