David Rutley’s voting in Parliament
David Rutley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Rutley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Rutley voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
David Rutley generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Rutley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Rutley’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Rutley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
HM Treasury has allocated over £4.2 billion of additional funding to departments and the Devolved Administrations for EU exit preparations so far. This breaks down as: £412m of additional funding over the spending review period for the Department for Exiting the European Union, Department for International Trade and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office at Autumn Statement 2016. £286m of...
Border Inspection Posts (BIPs) are commercial ventures set up by ports and airports which are inspected and approved for operation by the relevant Competent Authority and the Commission. Any BIPs at ports with regular ferry services to the UK would be approved by the Competent Authority of that EU Member State, not the Secretary of State. As explained in the Technical Notice on “Importing...
Our manifesto commitment made clear that we would take early steps to control the export of live farm animals for slaughter once we leave the European Union (EU). We are considering all options in the context of our exit from the EU and as part of our broader commitment to further strengthen animal welfare.
More of David Rutley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Macclesfield
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
David Rutley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Metal Theft
- Local Government: Scotland
- Business: Investment
- Prison Service
Currently held offices
- Government Whip (since 15 Jun 2017)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 15 Jun 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (22 May 2018 to 19 Jul 2018)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all David Rutley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 151 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Rutley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 249 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)