David Rutley’s voting in Parliament
David Rutley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Rutley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Rutley consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
David Rutley generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Rutley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Rutley’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Rutley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
My hon. Friend takes this issue seriously. Will he tell the House how unexplained wealth orders will prevent criminals from using the proceeds of crime in the UK?
What steps the Government are taking to improve the quality of further education.
I welcome the progress that Ministers are making in helping to raise the profile of and standards in technical education. Will my right hon. Friend tell the House what steps are being taken to help to improve the job prospects of the young people who will benefit from the £500 million investment announced in the Budget?
More of David Rutley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Macclesfield
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
David Rutley campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Metal Theft
- Local Government: Scotland
- Business: Investment
- Prison Service
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all David Rutley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 150 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Rutley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 202 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from