David Rutley campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
David Rutley’s voting in Parliament
David Rutley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, David Rutley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Rutley consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
David Rutley generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Rutley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Rutley’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Rutley has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I very much hope that Madam Deputy Speaker is not too hot at this point in time. The hon. Gentleman is trying his best to put forward his arguments, but his approach completely lacks credibility—he has not even brought any Labour Members in to support him today. Is the truth not that even two Eds were better than none?
Before the referendum, the Finance Bill set out the path to lower corporation tax, so I am pleased, following the result, that the Chancellor has set out further steps to reduce it and to invest much more in the northern powerhouse. Will my right hon. Friend tell us what conversations he has had with business leaders about his proactive approach, following the referendum result?
More of David Rutley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Macclesfield
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Northern Ireland
- Metal Theft
- Local Government: Scotland
- Prison Service
- Broadband: Rural Areas
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 83 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all David Rutley’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 141 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Rutley’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 187 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from