George Freeman’s voting in Parliament
George Freeman is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, George Freeman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
George Freeman voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Freeman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Freeman’s full vote analysis page for more.
George Freeman has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
George Freeman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Common Land
- Fire Prevention
- Poultry: EU Law
- Bats: Nature Conservation
- Churches: Bats
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all George Freeman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Freeman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 345 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
25 September 2018, received £150 from the BBC
, Radio and Music Production, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2LR, for appearing on Any Questions
on 21 September 2018. Hours: approx. 3 hrs. (Registered 21 November 2018)
25 October 2018, received delivery of eight bottles of wine with a value of £178 from Tyzack Partners (international executive search firm), 33 St James
’s Square, London SW1Y 4JS, for speaking at a dinner sponsored by Tyzack at the Carlton Club
on 18 October 2018. Hours: approx. 3 hrs. (Registered 21 November 2018)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: British Horseracing Authority
Address of donor: 75 High Holborn, London WC1V 6LS
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality to the Cheltenham Gold Cup Final Day, total value £320
Date received: 16 March 2018
Date accepted: 16 March 2018
Donor status: company, registration 02813358
(Registered 19 December 2018)
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: The Risk Advisory Group
Address of donor: PO
Box 502952, Dubai Knowledge Park, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): For my partner and myself, flights £679.30 and four nights' accommodation £740.27, total value £1,419.57
Destination of visit: Lebanon
Dates of visit: 2-6 April 2018
Purpose of visit: Fact finding trip.
(Registered 11 April 2018)
Director (unpaid) of The Norfolk Way, a non-profit social enterprise. (Registered 02 February 2018)
From 16 August 2016, Chairman (unpaid) of the Board of the Capital Ideas Foundation Ltd, a non-profit company. (Registered 02 February 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)