George Freeman’s voting in Parliament
George Freeman is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, George Freeman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
George Freeman voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of George Freeman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit George Freeman’s full vote analysis page for more.
George Freeman has quite often rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a great pleasure to serve under your chairmanship for the first time, Mr Gray. I congratulate my right hon. Friend the Member for North East Bedfordshire (Alistair Burt) on securing the debate. May I say how nice it is to have the chance to respond to him, knowing that he is one of the most assiduous representatives of his constituency and is highly respected across the parties? It is...
I am delighted to give my right hon. Friend that reassurance. This is my first appearance in Westminster Hall in this capacity and I look forward to picking up on the issues that he has raised. If we cannot show our constituents that we are putting people and place before the convenience of providers, we will not carry their trust with us. This strategic junction in the UK network—A1,...
An error has been identified in the written answer given on 01 October 2019. The correct answer should have been: Since 1 January 2019, the Department has liaised with Suffolk County Council to support them in developing the evidence required to facilitate a thorough and efficient assessment of the proposed scheme. This has included analytical support to scheme promoters, in advance...
More of George Freeman’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Norfolk
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
George Freeman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Home Department
- Common Land
- Bats: Nature Conservation
- Stamp Duty Reserve Tax
- Public Houses
- Animals: Disease Control
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for Transport) (since 26 Jul 2019)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Health (15 Jul 2014 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all George Freeman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.49% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on George Freeman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 353 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Sep 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
25 September 2018, received £150 from the BBC
, Radio and Music Production, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2LR, for appearing on Any Questions
on 21 September 2018. Hours: approx. 3 hrs. (Registered 21 November 2018)
25 October 2018, received delivery of eight bottles of wine with a value of £178 from Tyzack Partners (international executive search firm), 33 St James
’s Square, London SW1Y 4JS, for speaking at a dinner sponsored by Tyzack at the Carlton Club
on 18 October 2018. Hours: approx. 3 hrs. (Registered 21 November 2018)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: British Horseracing Authority
Address of donor: 75 High Holborn, London WC1V 6LS
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality to the Cheltenham Gold Cup Final Day, total value £320
Date received: 16 March 2018
Date accepted: 16 March 2018
Donor status: company, registration 02813358
(Registered 19 December 2018)
Director (unpaid) of The Norfolk Way, a non-profit social enterprise. (Registered 02 February 2018)
From 16 August 2016, Chairman (unpaid) of the Board of the Capital Ideas Foundation Ltd, a non-profit company. (Registered 02 February 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)