Caroline Nokes’s voting in Parliament
Caroline Nokes is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Caroline Nokes sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Caroline Nokes voted against selling England’s state owned forests, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Caroline Nokes voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Caroline Nokes’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Caroline Nokes’s full vote analysis page for more.
Caroline Nokes has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
The move of reporting away from Stoke-on-Trent was part of a wider programme of work to rationalise our reporting locations to more effectively manage the reporting population. When the decision to move reporting operations in Stoke-on-Trent had been made, stakeholders were informed. These stakeholders included; Staffordshire Police, Asylum Seeker and Refugee Health Team; Social Services; St...
The available published information on the number of decisions to refuse applications for British citizenship by the main reason for refusal are published in Home Office’s Immigration Statistics, year ending June 2018, Citizenship table cz_09 (Refusals of citizenship by reason) and available from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immigration-stati...
We will set out our proposals for the future immigration system in due course.
More of Caroline Nokes’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Romsey and Southampton North
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Caroline Nokes campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Education
- Energy and Climate Change
- Children: Day Care
- Legal Representation: Domestic Violence
- Health and Economic Education
- Green Deal Scheme
- Planning Permission
Currently held offices
- The Minister for Immigration (since 8 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Cabinet Office) (14 Jun 2017 to 8 Jan 2018)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (17 Jul 2016 to 14 Jun 2017)
- Member, Education Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Chair, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Jul 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- Member, Education Committee (18 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 27 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Caroline Nokes’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 19 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Caroline Nokes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 311 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Oct 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Channel 4 Television
Address of donor: 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: One ticket to the BAFTAs
with a value of £855
Date received: 18 February 2018
Date accepted: 18 February 2018
Donor status: company, registration 01533774
(Registered 19 March 2018
Name of donor: The FA
Address of donor: Wembley Stadium, PO
Box 1966, London SW1P 9EQ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets for me and a member of staff to the semi-final of the FA Cup, Chelsea v Southampton at Wembley, total value including hospitality £350
Date received: 22 April 2018
Date accepted: 22 April 2018
Donor status: company, registration 77797
(Registered 18 May 2018)
Name of donor: Guards Polo Club
Address of donor: Smiths Lawn, Windsor Great Park, Egham TW20 0HP
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets for the Royal Box and lunch at the Cartier Queens Cup Final, value £800
Date received: 17 June 2018
Date accepted: 17 June 2018
Donor status: company, registration 02403242
(Registered 10 July 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from