Gareth Johnson’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Johnson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Gareth Johnson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Gareth Johnson consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Johnson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Johnson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Johnson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
To ask the Attorney General, how many requests were received by his Department requesting the referral of the sentence in R v John Worboys to the Court of Appeal under the Unduly Lenient Sentence Scheme in 2009; and who those requests were made by.
I congratulate my right hon. Friend on securing this important debate. Is he aware that more than 40% of sentences referred to the Attorney General are refused simply because they fall outside the scheme, and that has included at least one case of rape from the youth courts? Does he agree that that explains the clamour from the public to widen the scope of the scheme?
I just wonder how the hon. Gentleman knows so much about the BBC coverage of late when he does not watch the BBC.
More of Gareth Johnson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dartford
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Gareth Johnson campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Department for Transport
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Health Insurance: Foreign Nationals
- M25: Speed Limits
- Darent Valley Hospital
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 10 Jun 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gareth Johnson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gareth Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 131 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Jan 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Temple Capital Finance Ltd
Address of donor: 189 Dartford Rd, DA1 3EW
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 06752658.
(Registered 07 July 2017
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from