Gareth Johnson campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Gareth Johnson’s voting in Parliament
Gareth Johnson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Gareth Johnson’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Consistently voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Show votes
Consistently voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Gareth Johnson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Gareth Johnson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Gareth Johnson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Awards for Valour (Protection) Bill - 2nd reading – Gareth Johnson.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many people have had stem cell transplantation procedures interrupted in England in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what the cost per patient is of carrying out stem cell transplantation.
More of Gareth Johnson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dartford
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing
- Darent Valley Hospital
- Roads: Accidents
- Dartford-Thurrock Crossing: Tolls
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Feb 2013 to 10 Jun 2014)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Feb 2012 to 3 Dec 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Gareth Johnson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 52 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Gareth Johnson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 105 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from