Nicholas Dakin campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Nicholas Dakin’s voting in Parliament
Nicholas Dakin is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Nicholas Dakin’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
Consistently voted against encouraging occupational pensions Show votes
Almost always voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Almost always voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nicholas Dakin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nicholas Dakin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nicholas Dakin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether he has made an assessment of the effect of the (a) change in the level of funding to NHS Protect and (b) removal of its legal protection unit on the performance of NHS Protect.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people not previously in receipt of higher-level disability living allowance were awarded the mobility element of personal independence payments by (a) quarter and (b) region in 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many people previously in receipt of higher-level disability living allowance were awarded the mobility element of personal independence payments by (a) quarter and (b) region in 2016.
More of Nicholas Dakin’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Scunthorpe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Innovation and Skills
- Teachers: Training
- Education: Finance
- Cancer: Drugs
- Regional Schools Commissioners
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (since 18 Oct 2016)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 13 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (8 May 2015 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Procedure Committee (11 Oct 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 7 Nov 2011)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 97 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Nicholas Dakin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 196 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nicholas Dakin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 310 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
22 January 2016
, payment of £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing a survey. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 22 January 2016)
Name of donor: Fateh Movement UK branch
Address of donor: 5 Galena Rd, London W6 0LT
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): air ticket £350, hotel and food £300, total £650
Destination of visit: Jerusalem and the West Bank
Date of visit: 14-18 February 2016
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation to Israel and the West Bank.
(Registered 10 March 2016
Name of donor: Rolls-Royce Plc
Address of donor: 62 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AT
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): £213 contribution towards accommodation. All other costs were met by a non-registrable source.
Destination of visit: Berlin, Brandenburg
Dates of visit: 17–20 September 2016
Purpose of visit: British-German APPG
visit to the German Parliament, Chancellery, Ministries, Rolls-Royce aero-engine factory and to meet with German business and parliamentarians to discuss the EU Referendum
and its future impact.
(Registered 28 October 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Barton upon Humber: (i).
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from