Amber Rudd’s voting in Parliament
Amber Rudd is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Amber Rudd sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Amber Rudd consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Amber Rudd’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Amber Rudd’s full vote analysis page for more.
Amber Rudd has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I am pleased to announce that today I am publishing the Report on the Review of the Use and Retention of Custody Images, copies of which are available in the House Library and online at .gov.uk. These are the images taken when people are arrested. This review has found that the police make extensive use of custody images and that they are a standard feature of everyday policing. It sets out...
I have today laid before the House the second iteration of the Government Transparency Report on the use of disruptive and investigatory powers (CM 9420). Copies of the Report will be made available in the Vote Office. In view of the ongoing threat from terrorism, which remains at SEVERE, meaning an attack is highly likely, and the persistent threats from organised crime and hostile state...
More of Amber Rudd’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Hastings and Rye
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Amber Rudd campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Communities and Local Government
- Members: Correspondence
- Higher Education: Admissions
- Pupils: Disadvantaged
- Offences against Children
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for the Home Department (since 13 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (8 May 2015 to 13 Jul 2016)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (7 Oct 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Amber Rudd’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 284 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Amber Rudd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 310 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from