Steven Baker’s voting in Parliament
Steven Baker is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Steven Baker sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Steven Baker almost always voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Steven Baker voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steven Baker’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steven Baker’s full vote analysis page for more.
Steven Baker has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, what proportion of business meetings arranged by the Directorate of Communications and Stakeholders were with small or small and medium enterprises in each year since his Department was established.
To what extent is our accession reflected in the work programme of the Board of Trade? Will the board make it a priority to begin the formal process of our accession to CPTPP?
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, what recent discussions he has had with the (a) CBI, (b) Institute of Directors and (c) EEF on the Government's White Paper on the UK's future relationship with the EU, Cm 9593.
More of Steven Baker’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Wycombe
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Steven Baker campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Departmental Pensions
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Monetary Policy
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (13 Jun 2017 to 8 Jul 2018)
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (2 Nov 2010 to 10 Jun 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Steven Baker’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 122 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steven Baker’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 299 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
17 August 2018
, received £250 from the Telegraph, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0DT, for an article written on 9 July 2018
. Hours: approx. 3 hrs. Fee donated to a local charity. (Registered 21 August 2018)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Jardentome Ltd
Address of donor: Wicksteed Leisure Ltd, Digby Street, Kettering, Northamptonshire NN16 8YJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: From June 2018 to May 2019
, accommodation in London, approx. value £1,105 per calendar month; £13,260 a year.
Date received: 1 June 2018 to May 2019
Date accepted: 1 June 2018
Donor status: company, registration 02353697
(Registered 05 July 2018)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
From 31 May 2017
, Glint Pay Ltd; financial services holding company. (Registered 22 June 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from