Harriett Baldwin campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Harriett Baldwin’s voting in Parliament
Harriett Baldwin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Harriett Baldwin sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Harriett Baldwin consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Harriett Baldwin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Harriett Baldwin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Harriett Baldwin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Ministry of Defence analyses allegations of International Humanitarian Law violations arising from air strikes in Yemen conducted by the Saudi-led Coalition. Allegations are identified from a range of sources, including reports published by Non-Governmental Organisations such as Human Rights Watch.
Defence: Naval Procurement: Type 26 and Type 45.
Witnesses: Harriett Baldwin MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence Admiral Sir Philip Jones KCB ADC, First Sea Lord and Chief of the Naval Staff Tony Douglas, Chief Executive for Defence Equipment and Support
As set out in the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review, we are taking steps to manage the defence nuclear enterprise and ensure the Successor submarines are delivered to time and budget. As part of this, we have established a new Director-General Nuclear to act as single and accountable focal point within the Ministry of Defence for all aspects of the defence nuclear enterprise. We are...
More of Harriett Baldwin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Worcestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Income Tax
- Floods: Insurance
- Broadband: Rural Areas
- Waste: Farms
- Bovine Tuberculosis
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (since 7 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 1 Dec 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (8 Feb 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Harriett Baldwin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 91 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Harriett Baldwin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 222 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from