Harriett Baldwin’s voting in Parliament
Harriett Baldwin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Harriett Baldwin sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Harriett Baldwin consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Harriett Baldwin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Harriett Baldwin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Harriett Baldwin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
The 20 civil servants within the Government Commercial Function were seconded to NATO Eurofighter and Tornado Management Agency and the Organisation for Joint Armament Cooperation.
The Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers have been designed to operate as part of a Maritime Task Group in both the Carrier Strike and Littoral Manoeuvre roles, offering a significant basing option for the projection of air and amphibious power. For operational security reasons, we do not comment on specific capabilities, as this would, or would be likely to, prejudice the capability,...
Turkey, like all F-35 Partner Nations, is in regular discussion with the Joint Programme Office with regard to the delivery of F-35.
More of Harriett Baldwin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Worcestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Harriett Baldwin campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Income Tax
- Floods: Insurance
- Broadband: Rural Areas
- Waste: Farms
- Bovine Tuberculosis
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 17 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 1 Dec 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (8 Feb 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Harriett Baldwin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 4 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 98 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Harriett Baldwin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 251 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from