Harriett Baldwin’s voting in Parliament
Harriett Baldwin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Harriett Baldwin sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Harriett Baldwin voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Harriett Baldwin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Harriett Baldwin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Harriett Baldwin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
The British Government has no separate engagement with the Government of Sudan related to the Nubian people. However, we engage frequently with the Government of Sudan to improve the lives and human rights of all people in Sudan. The UK is one of largest humanitarian donors to Sudan, committed to providing lifesaving aid to millions of the most vulnerable.
The UK's position on Syria is unchanged: we believe the Asad regime lost all legitimacy due to its atrocities against the Syrian people. We have no plans to re-establish ties with the regime or reopen our embassy in Damascus absent a negotiated political settlement. We have expressed our disappointment to the Government of Sudan at the visit of President Bashir to Damascus. I conveyed that...
Reports of the number of detainees, deaths and injuries vary and are difficult to confirm. The UK remains deeply concerned by the level of violence used by the Government of Sudan to disperse peaceful protests, and that political activists, human rights defenders, journalists and others are being detained without charge or trial. We continue to urge the Government of Sudan at the highest...
More of Harriett Baldwin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Worcestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Harriett Baldwin campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Income Tax
- Floods: Insurance
- Broadband: Rural Areas
- Waste: Farms
- Bovine Tuberculosis
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (17 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 1 Dec 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (8 Feb 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Harriett Baldwin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.23% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 85 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Harriett Baldwin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 350 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
20 June 2018, received a gift of cosmetics with a value of £452 from EMK UK
, 17 Beauchamp Place, London SW3 1NQ, for delivering an after-dinner speech for Conservative Friends of International Development, 4 Matthew Parker, London SW1H 9HQ. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 12 July 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)