Harriett Baldwin’s voting in Parliament
Harriett Baldwin is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Harriett Baldwin sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Harriett Baldwin voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Harriett Baldwin’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Harriett Baldwin’s full vote analysis page for more.
Harriett Baldwin has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2019
The British Government continues to monitor the political situation in Gabon. Our non-resident Ambassador and officials hold regular consultations with the Gabon Government. The most recent discussion was on 7 January with the Office of the Presidency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs following the attempted coup.
The UK is following closely the protests in Sudan and is concerned by the Government of Sudan's response, including the use of lethal force, arbitrary detentions, and by the targeting of those providing medical assistance. On 8 January, alongside Troika (UK, USA, Norway) partners and Canada, we released a statement urging the Government of Sudan to respect the right to freedom of expression...
âWe are aware of the proposal for a cull of hippos on the Luangwa River in Zambia. Our High Commissioner has raised the matter with the Zambian Government. The importance of protecting wildlife was discussed with the Minister of Tourism and Arts at the October 2018 Illegal Wildlife Trade Conference in London. Our High Commissioner also discussed conservation issues with President Lungu in...
More of Harriett Baldwin’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for West Worcestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Harriett Baldwin campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Income Tax
- Floods: Insurance
- Broadband: Rural Areas
- Waste: Farms
- Bovine Tuberculosis
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for International Development) (Jointly with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (since 9 Jan 2018)
- Minister of State (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (Joint with the Department for International Development) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (17 Jul 2016 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 10 Oct 2016)
- The Economic Secretary to the Treasury (8 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Government Whip (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 1 Dec 2014)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (8 Feb 2014 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 29 Oct 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Harriett Baldwin’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.48% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 87 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Harriett Baldwin’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 357 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Feb 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
20 June 2018, received a gift of cosmetics with a value of £452 from EMK UK
, 17 Beauchamp Place, London SW3 1NQ, for delivering an after-dinner speech for Conservative Friends of International Development, 4 Matthew Parker, London SW1H 9HQ. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 12 July 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)