Damian Hinds’s voting in Parliament
Damian Hinds is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Damian Hinds sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Damian Hinds consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Damian Hinds generally voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Damian Hinds generally voted for a wholly elected House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Damian Hinds’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Damian Hinds’s full vote analysis page for more.
Damian Hinds has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Work and Pensions: Self-employment and the gig economy.
Witnesses: Matthew Taylor, Chief Executive, The RSA Damian Hinds MP, Minister for Employment, Department for Work and Pensions
The European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) is within this department's remit. This department engages with a range of stakeholders. We do not disaggregate the time and resource spent on this engagement.
Each claimant in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance has a named Work Coach who will work with the claimant to identify their individual needs, delivering a personalised service to best meet the needs of the claimant and the local labour market.
More of Damian Hinds’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for East Hampshire
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Damian Hinds campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Innovation and Skills
- Higher Education: Admissions
- A3: Hampshire
- Departmental Internet
- Education: Assessments
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (since 15 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- The Exchequer Secretary (8 May 2015 to 15 Jul 2016)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 5 Nov 2012)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Damian Hinds’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 92.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 108 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Damian Hinds’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 268 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from