Conor Burns’s voting in Parliament
Conor Burns is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Conor Burns sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Conor Burns voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Conor Burns’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Conor Burns’s full vote analysis page for more.
Conor Burns has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
To ask the Attorney General, what discussion he had with First Treasury Counsel in advance of agreeing to act for the Electoral Commission in Vote Leave Ltd's appeal against their recent findings against that organisation; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, when his Department last undertook a review of enforcement powers in relation to illegal Traveller encampments.
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what recent representations he has received on illegal encampments by the Traveller community.
More of Conor Burns’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth West
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Conor Burns campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Marketing
- Income Tax: Tax Rates and Bands
- Police: Finance
- Local Government Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Conor Burns’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.31% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 118 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Conor Burns’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 57 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from