Conor Burns’s voting in Parliament
Conor Burns is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Conor Burns sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Conor Burns consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Conor Burns’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Conor Burns’s full vote analysis page for more.
Conor Burns has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
And there is a lot of support!
I commend my right hon. Friend’s statement. Many of us know how hard he has worked on the strategy, and how widely he has engaged. I invite him to use this opportunity to reaffirm the central role of Britain’s universities in future growth and technological advance. I invite him to visit my constituency and see what Bournemouth University has done to create an incredible new tech...
It is a genuine pleasure to follow the maiden speech of the hon. Member for Birmingham, Edgbaston (Preet Kaur Gill). Many Members in this House will have incredibly fond memories of her predecessor, who was not only a lady of incredible principle, but a lady with an irrepressible and irreverent sense of fun. She will be greatly missed on both sides of the House. The hon. Lady said her...
More of Conor Burns’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bournemouth West
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Conor Burns campaigned to leave the European Union
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Innovation and Skills
- Departmental Marketing
- Income Tax: Tax Rates and Bands
- Police: Finance
- Local Government Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (10 Mar 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (29 Oct 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Education Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 5 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Conor Burns’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.16% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 120 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Conor Burns’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Feb 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Consultant to Trant Engineering Ltd, formerly Trant Construction Ltd, Rushington, Southampton SO40 9LT. Until further notice, I receive £10,000 quarterly for 10 hours work per month. (Registered 27 June 2011
; updated 14 July 2015
and 12 October 2015
Name of donor: Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Address of donor: 30 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flight costing £2,000 and accommodation costing £800; a value of £2,800 in total
Destination of visit: Bahrain
Dates of visit: 16-20 February 2017
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit as Chairman of the APPG
(Registered 02 May 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from