Neil Parish campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Neil Parish’s voting in Parliament
Neil Parish is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Neil Parish sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Neil Parish generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Parish’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Parish’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Parish has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
What plans he has for the UK to retain EU environmental regulations after it leaves the EU.
The European directive on bathing water has actually been part of a very good environmental law—water companies have cleaned up our beaches throughout the country, including the south-west—so can we rest assured that we will not row back on environmental laws that are good? Not all environmental laws from Europe are bad.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, which local authorities have breached legal air quality limits in the last year.
More of Neil Parish’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tiverton and Honiton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Departmental Food
- Animal Welfare
- Farms: Tenants
- Middle East
- Energy: Meters
Currently held offices
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (since 14 Oct 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 18 Jun 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Neil Parish’s speeches
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Parish’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 208 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from