Neil Parish’s voting in Parliament
Neil Parish is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Neil Parish sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Neil Parish consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Neil Parish generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Parish’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Parish’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Parish has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Dec 2017
What progress he has made on rail improvements in Devon and the south-west.
I welcome the Minister to his new job. The Waterloo to Exeter line serves Axminster and Honiton and the southern part of my constituency. It is a great rail line and it needs a second loop in order to get more trains into Exeter and then back up to London. Could the Minister give me details of what is happening with that?
To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, if he will ensure that the Rough Sleeping and Homelessness Reduction Taskforce considers the matter of rural homelessness.
More of Neil Parish’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tiverton and Honiton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Parish campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Departmental Food
- Animal Welfare
- Energy: Meters
- Farms: Tenants
- Middle East
Currently held offices
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (since 13 Nov 2017)
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee 2017-19 (since 13 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (14 Oct 2015 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Neil Parish’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Parish’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 275 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from