Neil Parish’s voting in Parliament
Neil Parish is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Neil Parish sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Neil Parish consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Neil Parish generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Parish’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Parish’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Parish has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Dec 2017
Fifth Report of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee, Forestry in England: Seeing the wood for the trees, HC 619, Session 2016-17, and the Government response, HC 445 – Neil Parish.
Does my hon. Friend agree that this is very important for the generation of women affected? Although some of them saw the letters, others did not, and some did not receive them, so they have not been able to make plans for their retirement. The next generation of women will know exactly what is coming. We have made some alterations, but the Government need to be much more generous than they...
More of Neil Parish’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tiverton and Honiton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Parish campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Home Department
- Departmental Food
- Animal Welfare
- Energy: Meters
- Farms: Tenants
- Middle East
Currently held offices
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (since 13 Nov 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (14 Oct 2015 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Neil Parish’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.15% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Neil Parish’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 271 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from