Crowdfunder – only a few days to go
We’re trying to raise £25,000 to support TheyWorkForYou into the future.
Please take a minute to donate to TheyWorkForYou so we can bring you voting summaries like this for years to come.
Neil Parish’s voting in Parliament
Neil Parish is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Neil Parish sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Neil Parish voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Neil Parish’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Neil Parish’s full vote analysis page for more.
Neil Parish has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I very much welcome what the Minister is saying, because the transitional period from 2021 to 2028 is exactly the way to do it. The key will be making sure that we have the new policies in place in time for farmers to take up the new payments.
It is a great pleasure to see you in the Chair, Mr Speaker. May I welcome the hon. Member for Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport (Luke Pollard) to his new post as shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs? I want to pay tribute to Sue Hayman, David Drew and Sandy Martin, because I worked very well cross-party with them when dealing with the previous Environment, Food and...
My hon. Friend raises a very good point, which I am leading on to. As we deal with farm payments in the future, we have to make sure that we build on our environment and that we do not forget food production, healthy food and delivering British food at high standards. I think it is the NFU that says: “You can’t go green if you’re in the red!” That is the issue. We have to make sure...
More of Neil Parish’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Tiverton and Honiton
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
Neil Parish campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Energy and Climate Change
- Departmental Food
- Animal Welfare
- Farms: Tenants
- Middle East
- Energy: Meters
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee Sub-committee on the effectiveness and influence of the select committee system (13 Feb 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (13 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee 2017-19 (13 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (6 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (20 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (14 Oct 2015 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (10 Sep 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Chair, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (18 Jun 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: National Association of British and Irish Millers
Address of donor: 21 Arlington Street, London SW1A 1RN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: For me and my wife, accommodation £200 and a dinner £360, total value £560
Date received: 17 May 2019
Date accepted: 17 May 2019
Donor status: company, registration 00148449
(Registered 21 May 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Family farm in Somerset: (i) and (ii).
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)