Priti Patel campaigned to leave the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Priti Patel’s voting in Parliament
Priti Patel is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Priti Patel’s votes.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Almost always voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Priti Patel’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Priti Patel’s full vote analysis page for more.
Priti Patel has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I am currently considering the outcomes of my Department’s Civil Society Partnership Review, and will aim to publish it shortly. In July 2015, the then Secretary of State for International Development announced a 9 month extension of all PPA financing, providing 18 months-notice that all current PPA financing would come to an end in December 2016.
This Government is committed to tackling disadvantage and extending opportunity so that everyone has the chance to realise their full potential. Our life chances approach will focus on tackling the root causes of poverty such as worklessness, educational attainment and family stability. The Department for Work and Pensions recently published the 2014/15 Households Below Average Income (HBAI)...
More of Priti Patel’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Witham
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Innovation and Skills
- Trade Unions
- EU Law
- Departmental Pay
Currently held offices
- The Secretary of State for International Development (since 14 Jul 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (8 May 2015 to 14 Jul 2016)
- The Exchequer Secretary (15 Jul 2014 to 8 May 2015)
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (5 Dec 2011 to 23 Jun 2014)
- Member, Members' Expenses Committee (18 Jul 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Priti Patel’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 84.11% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 145 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Priti Patel’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 291 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Jockey Club Racecourses Ltd
Address of donor: 75 High Holborn, London WC1V 6LS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: hospitality for my husband and me at Aintree Racecourse
for the Grand National Meeting, estimated value £2,000
Date received: 7-9 April 2016
Date accepted: 7 April 2016
Donor status: company, registration 2909409
(Registered 25 April 2016)
Name of donor: Stansted Airport Ltd
Address of donor: Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Rd, Stansted CM24 1QW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets to watch Arsenal v Crystal Palace
at the Emirates Stadium
Date received: 17 April 2016
Date accepted: 17 April 2016
Donor status: company, registration 01990920
(Registered 03 May 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from