Charlie Elphicke campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Charlie Elphicke’s voting in Parliament
Charlie Elphicke is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Charlie Elphicke sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Charlie Elphicke consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
Charlie Elphicke generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Charlie Elphicke’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Charlie Elphicke’s full vote analysis page for more.
Charlie Elphicke has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I beg to move, That leave be given to bring in a bill to implement the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from membership of the European Union; and for connected purposes. The House knows that the position of the Government is very clear. Brexit means Brexit, and we will make a success of it; also, Brexit means Brexit, and we need to get on with it. I think it important for us to understand,...
Parents in Dover, Deal and Kent as a whole see grammar schools and faith-based schools as engines of opportunity and aspiration. If the Government are going to look at having new grammar schools, which I wholly support, will they also look at more faith-based schools and more skills education throughout life to give people the greatest life chances at every stage in their lives?
More of Charlie Elphicke’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Dover
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2010 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Communities and Local Government
- Cabinet Office
- Government Procurement Card
- Trust Ports
- Livestock: Transport
- Dover Priory Station
Other offices held in the past
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (13 May 2015 to 17 Jul 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 4 Nov 2013)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Charlie Elphicke’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.54% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 132 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Charlie Elphicke’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 311 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from